10 Ways to Turn Your Digital Photos into Real Life Objects
So you have an archive of 2,286 photos on your smartphone? More like 4,722? Us too! Aside from making a new Facebook album every week or posting to Instagram on the hour every hour, it’s hard to know what exactly to do with all of these photos.
We’re especially thinking about those ones that are so vibrant, iconic, and memorable, that you want more than a digital file. Here are 3 handsome apps that will help you turn your archive of photos into books, bags, metal plates, and posters.
1. Mosaic: First up, we have Mosaic.
This minimalist app makes it easy to turn any collection of photos into a gorgeous coffee table book. Every book is 7 inches by 7 inches, contains 20 photos, costs $20, and lands at your doorstop 4 days after ordering.
3. Printstagram: Third, we’ve got Printstagram.
Predictably powered by Instagram, these turns all those perfectly cropped and filtered square photos into gorgeous paper goods. The options here are so affordable, it’s hard not to buy everything!
The block calendar serves up a different photo for every day of the year and is just $40. You can also get mini prints, tinybooks, minibooks, stickers, and prints for under $15.
4. ImageSnap: We’ve written about this one before, but it’s because we love it!
This app turns your photos into ceramic tiles, perfect as magnets, coasters, or wall art.
We’re partial to the teeny tiny tiles (just 2 inches squared!) and the slab (12 inches squared).
5. PostalPix: For less novelty and a bit more gloss, PostalPix is a great option.
You can order prints with a pro luster finish, as well as aluminum plates and iPhone cases.
iPhone cases are made by printing your photo directly onto premium polycarbonate, creating a stunning image that won’t crack or fade.
6. Fracture: Is your latest photograph so clear it almost looks like crystal?
Turn into a gorgeous glass piece with help from Fracture. Choose between backed glass, transparent glass, and large or small options.
We cannot get over the colors in this transparent one!
7. Instacanvas: The name of this app is pretty self-explanatory.
You can easily turn any of your Instagram photos into canvas wall art. But here’s the kicker: You can include your photo art pieces in the Instacanvas shop and make money off of your original creations. Win!
8. Hayden-Harnett Bespoke Scarves: Another one you may have read about it here on Brit.co, New York-based company Hayden-Harnett has won us over by way of the scarf.
Upload just about any image onto their site and design your own one-of-kind scarf.
For the holidays, it only makes sense to make a Ryan Gosling scarf with tons of cats in the background, right?
9. Stitchtagram: Another one after the hearts of diehard Instagrammers, this lets you turn your ‘grams into pillows!
This would make such a great gift for a birthday or wedding, covered in photos from the past and present.
We also love their new tote bags and clutch wallets!
10. Custom Blazer Lining: This last one is more of a made-you-look inclusion, as we’re unclear on whether or not you can simply upload and order, or if you have to make a quick trip to the UK to pick up your jacket.
We will definitely let you know if anything similar to this shows up in app form in the near future!
Have you tried any other apps for turning your photos into items for your home? Talk to us in the comments below.