When it comes to traveling the world, we rule at snapping tons of pics on our iPhones, but not so much at doing anything with those photos (besides filling up our Insta feed, obvs.) We have a feeling your travel albums are also floating in cyberspace somewhere, so we’ve gathered up 14 creative ways to give them a home beyond the net. From accordion scrapbook albums to confetti photo frames, these are seriously fab options that will kick up your space’s decor while giving even travel bloggers some major wanderlust on the regular.
1. Framed Currency: Refresh your wall gallery with the gorg monies from your travels. It’s a simple DIY that’s made unique with your preferred framing. (via School of Decorating)
2. DIY Art: With some quick Photoshop maneuvers, you can take your travel photos from basic to gallery-worthy pieces of art. It’s a DIY project that will bring all of the creative vibes from your travels into your home. (via Jacquelyn Clark)
3. DIY Chalkboard Globe: So maybe a detailed map of the world doesn’t quite jive with your decor. If that’s the case, pick up a globe from your local thrift store or antique shop and transform it into a minimalist traveler’s dream. Covered in chalkboard paint, this DIY piece is begging to be marked with tiny stars or hearts at your fave destinations. (via Love. Luck. Kisses & Cake)
4. DIY Map Artwork: You don’t have to be an expert seamstress to mark your best memories with stitches. If you happen to visit a place more than once, you can break out a different color thread to sew another rim around it. (via Martha Stewart)
5. DIY Tiny Travel Album in a Box: Bring your trip to life with an accordion-style photo album. Keep it tucked away in an adorable and super storable box and mix up the themes and colors for each case. We’re thinking red for your upcoming Valentine’s Day trip to Napa. (via Camille Styles)
6. Memory Jar: You don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to remember your travels. Hit up your fave antique shop for a rustic-looking jar, then fill it with all of the tickets, receipts, and monies from your adventures abroad. When you’re feeling nostalgic, dump that baby out and reminisce like crazy. (via She’s Crafty Crafty)
7. DIY Travel Keepsake Kits: Maybe you’re a #girlboss who ain’t got time for weeks of scrapbooking, but the answer can still be endlessly stylish and boost your bookshelf game. Simply send off for prints of your best trip shots, scoop up a wooden craft store box, then apply a coat of paint and a stenciled label for a classy display in minutes. (via Martha Stewart)
8. Leather-Bound Scrapbooking: There’s always room for a leather-bound or Moleskine journal in your travel pack, and there’s no better way to remember all the details than scribbling them down en route. When you get home, embellish your notes with 3D paper layering and all of the pretty stickers. (via Banana Fish Studio)
9. Urban Outfitters World Scratch Map ($24+): If you don’t have time to DIY a travel keepsake, you definitely need this map. In just a few scratches, you can easily show off all of the places you’ve visited.
10. DIY Mini Accordion Scrapbook: Here is another accordion-styled DIY that we absolutely love! This blogger took scrapbooking to an entirely new level with a mini book that would look adorbs on your coffee table. Customize your own by adding ribbons, stamps, and gorg paper accents. (via Club Crafted)
11. As-You-Vacay Keepsake Ring: Document your travels on the go by collecting postcards, maps, and tickets on a loose-leaf ring. By the time you get home, you’ll already have your memento of the trip finished. (via Martha Stewart)
12. DIY Travel Photos Confetti: If you have more empty walls than coffee table space, this gorg DIY photo collage is the perfect way to reminisce about your travels. Add it to existing photo collages for a minimalist touch or fill a whole wall with one from each of your adventures. (via Home Tree Atlas)
13. DIY Coin Mementos and Charms: We love the unique allure of other countries’ coins — and our wallets love that they’re such a cheap souvenir. Channel your inner jet-setter #fashionista by using your leftover change to make some wearable bling. (via Lil Blue Boo)
14. DIY Travel Map: Calling all travel junkies! This super easy stick-a-pin-in-it map is the perfect statement piece for globe-trotters who lose track of all the places they’ve been. If you have a more minimal decor style, scoop up a black and white map and use gold pins to mark your excursions. (via Lovely Indeed)
How do you document your travels? Follow us on Pinterest for even more fun ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.