18 Next-Level Crochet Pieces to Rock This Summer
As the saying goes: So many summer trends, so little time. As the temps start heating up, there’s one throwback trend you won’t want to miss out on. Straight out of the ‘70s, colorful crochet is this close to becoming your new wardrobe workhorse — and you need not be a self-proclaimed boho babe or flower child to pull it off. Between lazy girl-approved beach cover-ups, effortless crochet dresses and daring summer bralettes that won’t go unnoticed come festival season, you’re in good company. Whether you’re looking to add some hippie flair to your going-out attire or just want to edge up your look, we’ve got 18 next-level crochet statement pieces to add to your repertoire of summer style essentials. Take note: This is NOT your grandma’s embroidery!
1. Nasty Gal Woodstock Forever Crochet Bra Top ($48): Spread peace, love and good vibes with this groovy multicolored crochet bra that’s meant to be shown off. Seriously, don’t even think about keeping this guy covered up! Take it there by styling this halter top with a leather jacket and a denim button-front skirt for a look that’s a little bit Miley and a lot RiRi.
2. Victoria’s Secret Crochet Monokini ($108): An itsy-bitsy crochet monokini is exactly what the doctor ordered for your upcoming beach-cation. For a scorching hot look, style this barely there color-block one-piece with metallic sandals and a risqué body chain.
3. Sophie Anderson Lilla Crocheted Cotton Tote ($290): Crochet totes and impromptu farmers’ market runs are like two peas in a pod — they just go together. Whether you’re toting around fresh blooms or your weekend essentials, this hand-woven chevron tote (with playful poms!) is guaranteed to lend a little extra somethin’ somethin’ to your off-duty uniform. Drawstring denim shorts and a cool fedora are the perfect companion pieces.
4. Zara Striped Crochet T-Shirt ($23): Nope, this sporty crochet cami won’t cramp your style one bit. Whether you’re actually heading to the gym or just want to channel an athleisure look, don’t hesitate to wear it alongside a silk bomber jacket and a pleated skort.
5. Motel Buck Dress ($63): Go ahead and jump on board with the rainbow trend à la this Barbados-inspired bodycon dress that’s ready for a night on the town or an outdoor concert. Team it with a ‘90s-esque choker necklace and platform sandals or a mini leather backpack and slide-on sneaks for a daytime-casual #OOTD.
6. Proud Mary Crochet D’Orsay Flat ($148): When you find a pair of sensible summer flats that can double for work and play, you know you’ve struck gold. These handmade striped d’Orsays from Morocco are a blister-free alternative to your power pumps and an elevated version of your go-to beach shoes. Coordinate them with all your summer whites for max perfection.
7. Free People Sunchaser Crochet Top ($228): Proof that you were obviously born in the wrong decade, this vintage-inspired crochet top with exaggerated sleeves is the epitome of hippie chic. Throw some printed palazzo pants and suede mules into the mix — and slip on a lacy bralette — for a look that would best be worn while jamming to live music at the fairgrounds.
8. Topshop Crochet Cami Top ($60): Enter the off-duty staple that will be on repeat all summer long. Keep the outfit conundrums at bay with this vibrant striped crochet cami that can be slipped on alongside distressed boyfriend shorts, an easy-breezy maxi skirt — you name it. Festival season cannot come soon enough.
9. Topshop Rio Crochet Bralet ($75) + Rio Crochet Skirt ($85): Part athleisure, part boho: This sporty matching set is made for a day at the tennis courts or an afternoon spent hitting up Bonnaroo. Perfect for lazy girls, the striped bralet and mini skirt can either be worn together or mixed and matched for endless outfit possibilities. White tennies always required.
10. Alice McCall She’s Royal Crochet Romper ($288): Shades out, rompers on! When it comes to no-nonsense dressing, this scalloped white crochet romper can do no wrong. For an ultra glam look worthy of dining al fresco (or a spontaneous getaway), style it with some chandelier earrings and lace-up flatforms for the win.
11. Converse + Missoni Chuck Taylor All Star Leather-Trimmed Metallic Crochet-Knit Sneakers ($95): Crochet sneakers do exist! This rockstar collaboration between Converse and Missoni is what sartorial dreams are made of. No longer restricted to your skater days, these chevron kicks can be styled after-hours with a LBD or a black bodysuit and cropped flares.
12. Nasty Gal Cover to Crochet Cover-Up ($88): This just in: You will straight-up slay in this white crochet cover-up that demands attention. Solidify your island-girl status by teaming this sheer white Grecian-inspired maxi with pom-pom embellished sandals and natural beach waves for a beachside wedding or a Hawaiian luau.
13. Somedays Lovin Daphne Crochet One-Piece Swimsuit ($119): Oh, this old thang? When you have a sultry crochet one-piece this DDG on standby (those stomach cutouts), you’d be crazy not to make it your unofficial summer uniform. Wear it beyond the beach as a fierce bodysuit, along with mirrored sunnies and metallic steppers.
14. Ecote Crochet Tassel Tie Blouse ($69): Embrace the crochet trend with this beautiful tie-neck blouse that’s equal parts ethereal and bohemian. Not only is it HR-approved (just tuck it into a pencil skirt or black culottes), but it can be dressed down with denim cutoffs and ballet flats for a look that would do Alexa Chung proud.
15. Kiini Tuesday Knit Triangle Bikini Top ($165) + Tuesday Knit Bikini Bottom ($120): Run, don’t walk, to snag this coveted crochet bikini by Kiini that just so happens to be a fan favorite amongst celebrities and fashion bloggers alike. Between getting your tan on in Cannes, hula hooping on the beach and hitting up the tiki hut, you’ll never look anything less than fab while flaunting your stuff in this come-hither suit.
16. Topshop Square Stitch Crochet Shorts ($55): See ya later, preppy white chino shorts. For a Hamptons-bound look representing nautical at its best, style these high-waisted crochet white shorts with an off-the-shoulder striped top and espadrilles. Come vacay time, these drawstring bottoms can also double as a rad beach cover-up — just add a stars-and-stripes bikini top for a little Americana flair.
17. Mango Crochet Cotton Dress ($60): Dog days of summer, begone! If you can’t handle the heat, do (or rather wear) less. Whether you’re putting in hours at your nine-to-five or are lounging in paradise, this one-and-done dress is the answer to your wardrobe woes. Layer it over a white tee for not-so-conservative office environments or toss it over your bikini for a beach-to-boardwalk getup.
18. Nasty Gal Crochet Mama Floral Top ($48): Whether you’re on a glamping trip with the girls or you’re playing hooky from the office, your summer capsule wardrobe needs a floral crochet top with this much whimsy. Proceed to style it with a flower crown, your beloved “mom” jeans and free-wheelin’ white Birkenstock slides.
How will you rock the crochet trend this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.