10 #OOTD-Worthy Ways to Style Culottes and Trendy Spring Shoes
There’s no two ways about it: Shoes are the holy grail of every closet. And that means the onset of spring is a big deal for your arsenal of stylish steppers. Ankle-baring duds are in full force, creating a spotlight for newly acquired trendy spring shoes and tried-and-true styles alike. We’ve already shown you how to wear fall boots with your spring outfits (because you can’t bear to part ways just yet), and now we’re switching gears and helping you find the best way to show off your chic new warm-weather kicks. Midi skirts and flowy frocks make up a big part of your spring capsule wardrobe, but we’ve got trend-right culottes on the brain. Ankle boots were the obvious pairing for these cropped bottoms all winter and fall, but if you’re wondering just what to wear them with once warm weather becomes an actual thing, we’ve hunted down 10 different pairs of new-season sandals, sneakers and slides to keep your culottes feelin’ fresh all season long.
1. Zara Pleated Front Culottes ($70) + Charles & Keith Ankle Strap Platform Wedges ($49): Who needs midi skirts when you can get your flow on with a pair of red hot culottes? Redefine date-night style by stepping into this stylish pair along with a silky cami and statement wedges (decked out in springtime blossoms, natch) for a look that that will straight-up slay. For extra style cred, adorn your lobes with not-your-average stud earrings and a bold lip.
2. Reformation Palazzo Pant ($78) + Adidas Originals Stan Smith Sneaker ($75): Switch up your athleisure routine by topping off a pair of classic Stan Smiths with these funky fringe culottes and a laid-back denim jacket that reads ’90s chic. Round out the outfit with a streamlined backpack and rockstar shades for an afternoon of cruisin’ through the park.
3. Staud Oscar Culotte ($155) + Mango Destructured Leather Sandals ($70): Say buh-bye to skinny jeans, because you’re going to be living in these cool cropped stunners all season long. While they totally kill it when paired with Birks and flatform Oxfords, these sunny yellow mules are what sartorial dreams are made of. Do your best French girl impression by tossing on a Breton-stripe top and leather jacket.
4. Express Genuine Suede Flat Front Culottes ($128) + Vagabond Lea Leather Heel ($130): Get your workweek attire in on the culotte action by throwing these streamlined suede slacks into the mix. Whether you layer on a blazer or keep it real in a sleeveless roll-neck top as you slash your to-do list in half, best make sure you have these snakeskin sandals on hand. Swoon.
5. Olivia Palermo + Chelsea28 Floral Print Silk Culottes ($98) + Zara Slingback Leather Shoes ($119): These Olivia Palermo-approved bottoms are a shortcut to sartorial success, especially when partnered with a pair of architectural kicks. The bold print and aerodynamic mules will infuse any outfit with major mid-century flair, especially when styled alongside modern cat-eye shades. This getup has Sunday brunch in the bag.
6. Zara Cropped Flowing Striped Trousers ($30) + Topshop Jean Tread Down Loafers ($125): This season’s take on the traditional stripe is anything but ordinary, so it only feels right that your footwear follow suit. Bold block heels and silvery leather take sophisticated loafers from refined to runway-ready just like that and will turn any on-the-clock ensemble into instant #OOTD gold.
7. Urban Renewal Remade Wide Leg Satin Pant ($98) + Jeffrey Campbell Jordan Flat ($145): Whether you have a hot date with the dance floor or a much-anticipated gig on the agenda, a getup that combines comfort and style is key. High-waisted metallic culottes deliver in the glamour department (a Saturday-night essential), while glove shoes keep your feet happy as you turn heads and move to the beat. Make the combo nine-to-five-ready with a button-down blouse and a streamlined timepiece.
8. ASOS Africa Culottes in Blue Floral Geo Print ($81) + ASOS Jasmine Tie Leg Espadrille Sandals ($28): Get your new uniform in gear for a beach getaway with bright, silky culottes that were made for soaking up the sun and ikat espadrilles perfect for strutting your stuff on the boardwalk. Flirt it up with a playful pink mani and beach-babe waves.
9. ASOS Linen Check Culottes With Tie ($60) + Kelsi Dagger Dafne Sandals ($145): Swap out your flannel shirt this season for checked culottes with a just-kickin’ it vibe. Take your look down a decidely ’90s route for backyard barbecues with rounded sunnies, flatform cut out slides and a handful of sassy pins.
10. White House Black Market Culotte Jumpsuit ($160) + Jeffrey Campbell + Free People Up Heel ($178): Forget the LWD — a 21st-century #girlboss deserves something with a little more oomph. Enter the culotte jumpsuit that’s about to take your closet by storm. Whether you need an unforgettable getup for your rehearsal dinner or a graduation bash, take this onesie along for the ride and pair it with pastel lace-up booties.
Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.