20 Uses for Cupcake Liners That Don’t Involve Baking
We might be a teensy bit cupcake obsessed. You’ve seen our numerous yummy and unique cupcake recipes and a few fun cupcake packaging ideas. But if you’ve developed a cupcake liner collection as large as ours, you start to think outside the cake box and wonder what else you can do with ’em. We’ve come up with 20 uses for your baking cups that have nothing to do with baking, so go round those babies up and give them new life.
1. Mini Cupcake Liner Bunting: What a fun way to spruce up those succulents! String a few colorful cupcake liners onto twine, tie both ends to wooden skewers and you’ve got yourself a mini bunting to celebrate all that clean air you’ll be breathing in. (via Oh, Hello Friend)
3. Gold Cupcake Liner Flower Garland: To make this elegant garland, spray paint cupcake liners in three sizes (mini, standard, and jumbo), glue them one on top of another and crinkle them to make a blooming floral effect. Once you have the flowers finished, string them up onto twine. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
4. Cupcake Liner Pom-Pom Garland: You’ve made pom-poms from tissue paper and coffee filters, but did you know you could make them from cupcake liners too? String ’em up and — boom! Pretty garland for parties. (via Hello! Lucky)
5. Cupcake Case Flower Garland: Up for a real garland challenge? Aussie blogger Kate of The Craft Train turned her cupcake cases (that’s what they call ’em down under!) into beautiful flowers with a few snips and a couple dabs of glue. (via The Craft Train)
7. Cupcake Liner Planter: Here’s another take on plant beautification via cupcake liners. If you fold them into quarters and hot glue them onto a tin can, you’ll end up with a pretty scalloped planter. Try a few shades of a color for an ombre effect. (via Jaderbomb)
9. Cupcake Liner Photo Backdrop: This project takes a whole lot more time and a ton of cupcake liners, but we think this would be an awesome backdrop at a birthday party or wedding. (via Confetti Pop)
How will you be upcycling cupcake liners? Let us know in the comments or on Facebook.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)