20 Uses for Cupcake Liners That Don’t Involve Baking
We might be a teensy bit cupcake obsessed. You’ve seen our numerous yummy and unique cupcake recipes and a few fun cupcake packaging ideas. But if you’ve developed a cupcake liner collection as large as ours, you start to think outside the cake box and wonder what else you can do with ’em. We’ve come up with 20 uses for your baking cups that have nothing to do with baking, so go round those babies up and give them new life.
1. Mini Cupcake Liner Bunting: What a fun way to spruce up those succulents! String a few colorful cupcake liners onto twine, tie both ends to wooden skewers and you’ve got yourself a mini bunting to celebrate all that clean air you’ll be breathing in. (via Oh, Hello Friend)
3. Gold Cupcake Liner Flower Garland: To make this elegant garland, spray paint cupcake liners in three sizes (mini, standard, and jumbo), glue them one on top of another and crinkle them to make a blooming floral effect. Once you have the flowers finished, string them up onto twine. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
4. Cupcake Liner Pom-Pom Garland: You’ve made pom-poms from tissue paper and coffee filters, but did you know you could make them from cupcake liners too? String ’em up and — boom! Pretty garland for parties. (via Hello! Lucky)
5. Cupcake Case Flower Garland: Up for a real garland challenge? Aussie blogger Kate of The Craft Train turned her cupcake cases (that’s what they call ’em down under!) into beautiful flowers with a few snips and a couple dabs of glue. (via The Craft Train)
7. Cupcake Liner Planter: Here’s another take on plant beautification via cupcake liners. If you fold them into quarters and hot glue them onto a tin can, you’ll end up with a pretty scalloped planter. Try a few shades of a color for an ombre effect. (via Jaderbomb)
9. Cupcake Liner Photo Backdrop: This project takes a whole lot more time and a ton of cupcake liners, but we think this would be an awesome backdrop at a birthday party or wedding. (via Confetti Pop)
How will you be upcycling cupcake liners? Let us know in the comments or on Facebook.