10 Date Ideas for Fitness Lovers That Don’t Include Hitting the Gym
Let’s be honest, even with outdoor activities galore, keeping summer dates interesting can be hard to do. Whether you’re in a committed relationship or still haven’t had the “define the relationship” talk, making sure date night doesn’t always include either a Netflix-binge or your go-to romantic bar takes some serious work. But for fitness lovers, who says your date night can’t mix in a little bit of what you already love? For the guys and girls who love to break a sweat, we’ve pulled together 10 dates that will keep your body and heart engaged.
1. Hit the water: What better way to test your skills than with an afternoon out on the water in a two-person kayak? You’ll have to work together to get where you want to go, but you’ll also have plenty of distraction-free time to get to know one another better. And after you’re back on solid ground, you’ll feel super proud of your teamwork.
2. Go paintballing: Get your heart pumping for reasons other than seeing your boo. Paintballing is a fun way to incorporate a little friendly competition while basically getting in a killer HIIT workout at the same time. Plus, we know you’ve always wanted to reenact that perfect Heath Ledger/Julia Stiles day date in 10 Things I Hate About You.
3. Climb some rocks: There are some seriously cool indoor rock climbing gyms around the country. So whether you’re an experienced rock climber or first-timer, grab your date and hit the gym for a seriously amazing full-body workout. Plus the view from below while you spot your date won’t be so bad either. ;)
4. Dance the night away: You break a mad sweat in your fave group dance classes like Zumba and BollyX, so why not take that focus back to the ballroom with just you and your sweetie? Try something upbeat, like the salsa or tango to get your heart rate up and your feet moving.
5. Jump around: Travel back in time to when you were a kid and jumping around on a trampoline all day was the definition of #goals. Thanks to places like Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park, those dreams don’t have to die. Instead, transform them into one seriously fun, seriously sweaty date night.
6. Take a hike: We’re in peak outdoor activity season, so why not take advantage of what nature has to offer and spend the day on a long hike. Pack some snacks, see who can take the best selfie at the top and make an entire afternoon out of it. Bonus: Mother Nature is free.
7. Try stand up paddle boarding (SUP): If you’re looking for a killer arm AND leg workout, this trendy new water sport is taking over the country’s lakes, rivers and oceans. And the views? Top notch.
8. Host a cornhole tournament: Why keep the fit workouts all to yourselves? Set up cornhole in your backyard and invite your friends to what’s sure to be the best group date of the year.
9. Swing by the golf course: Want to get a light workout in with breaking a major sweat? Hit the sticks and head for your local three-par golf course. These courses aren’t made for the pros, so if one of you isn’t used to the sport, you won’t have to worry about holding up other players. Skip the cart and walk the course to burn some bonus calories too.
10. Enjoy a couple’s massage: If you’re both fitness lovers already, you know the importance of taking care of your muscles post-workout. A couple’s massage is the perfect way for you and your boo to take advantage of some much-needed R&R.
Tweet us your favorite fitness date @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)