14 Sweet Summertime Dates That Are Completely Free
Summer may be the season of love, but that doesn’t mean that we all have the dolla dolla bills to take our sweeties out on elaborate dates as much as we would like. Sure, you could always resort to working out with your partner, or, on the other end of the activity scale, stream your weekend must-watch list together. But your S.O. deserves a little creativity. For anyone feeling a little strapped for cash but still wanting to make their sweetie feel adored, here are 14 completely free summertime dates to try.
1. DIY a Disney night in. So your partner is obsessed with Disney (who isn’t). Print out or trace their favorite characters — and Cinderella’s castle, of course — and decorate the living room fit for Disney royalty. Then pop in their favorite Disney classic and get prepared for a happily ever after.
2. Host an “invent your own board game” night. A board game night is a great free date, but it’s a little tired. That’s why you should try to make up your own. Whether it’s as elaborate as New Girl’s ‘True American” or something a tad bit milder, just scavenge for trinkets around your apartment and let your collective creative juices run wild.
3. YouTube salsa lessons. Salsa is a sure-fire sultry date — but who has the money to actually attend lessons? Thankfully, with YouTube at our fingertips, all you have to do is push back the couch, put on your dressiest attire and find the right tutorial.
4. Head tothe beach for a sports day. Beaches are a great place for some free romantic fun this summer. But it’s always a little awkward lying next to your date in complete silence while they attempt to sun themselves. This time, pack up every sports day game you’ve got — from volleyball to a Frisbee — and let the competitions begin! Bonus points if you make a wager for what the loser has to do upon defeat.
5. Take a bike ride to nowhere. Biking is another great activity to do in the warm weather. But instead of biking to that cute Vietnamese restaurant you both love, set off without having a destination in mind. Not only will you avoid the dreaded “are we there yet” feeling, but you’ll probably find some awesome local treasures along the way too.
6. Try the yoga challenge craze. A popular challenge on YouTube, the crazy yoga challenge is all about couples trying to contort themselves into awkward two-person yoga poses. After watching a few videos together, try out some of the poses for yourselves — just make sure to stretch first.
7. Play tourist for the day and hold an Instagram competition. Pretending to be a tourist in your own hometown can be a super fun way to see more of your city. But we suggest adding one more layer to this already popular date idea: At every touristy spot, each of you has to take and post an artsy Instagram. By the end of the day, the person with the least amount of likes on their pics owes their partner a foot massage.
Start a water gun war.
really bring back childhood memories by filling up water balloons for some sneak attacks.