You’re About to Make Dim Sum With These 16 Recipes
Sometimes you just want to kick back at home, enjoying your favorite tasty bites of dim sum away from the clatter of carts stacked high with steamer baskets. There are so many delicacies to choose from, but we pared things down to a collection of 16 favorites, covering everything from dumplings to desserts. Be sure to check out this guide to traditional teas to serve alongside. Time to dust off your teapot!
3. Steamed BBQ Pork Buns: Succulent barbecue pork is tucked into the center of these fluffy, sweet steamed buns to create many folks’ favorite dim sum treat. (via Flavor Explosions)
4. Cantonese Style Mango Pudding: Mango pudding can be hit or miss in restaurants, but this homemade version is always fantastic — a terrifically creamy and flavorful way to end a meal. (via The Moon Blush Baker)
6. Vegetable Egg Rolls: Crunching through a shattering spring roll wrapper to get to the veggie-filled center is always a delightful sensation. These rolls are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike. (via Steamy Kitchen)
7. Five Spice Chicken Lemongrass Dumplings (Gluten Free): Assembled into flower-shaped packets, these warmly-spiced chicken dumplings are made using homemade gluten-free wrappers. (via A Sage Amalgam)
15. Fried Taro Puffs: Some items stand up to their rounds on the dim sum cart better than others. Fried taro puffs are not one of those things. Enjoy ’em at their peak by whipping up a batch at home! (via Gourmandistan)
What is your favorite treat to order off the dim sum cart? Any favorite recipes or restaurants to share? Let’s talk in the comments!