61 Magical Disney Halloween Costumes That Bring Out Your Inner Kid
Let’s face it — Disney lovers know how to party. From the euphoria of visiting a theme park, to the warm and fuzzy feelings we get from watching our favorite Disney classics — no one’s immune to the magic of Walt Disney. So for all you Mouseketeers out there, we thought we’d help you get ready for Halloween with the most epic Disney Halloween Costumes yet. From old school Disney fans to new-age Pixar fanatics, the good news is that there is no shortage of amazing and charming costumes to choose from. Take a peek at these Disney Halloween costume ideas that will take you to a whole new world this year.
2. Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger + Piglet: Whichever one of Winnie’s crew happens to be your favorite, there’s an adorable DIY-costume out there for you. Props to that adorable cup of “honey” to help keep her energized the entire night long.
3. Ariel, Sebastian + Flounder from The Little Mermaid: No Ariel costume is complete without her trusty sidekicks, Sebastian and Flounder. This is a creative and easy-to-DIY costume to bring to life your entire mermaid crew.
4. Alice in Wonderland : We think these cosplayers have totally killed it as the rabbit and Mad Hatter. She is seriously slaying in that badass costume — how inventive!
5. Darla from Finding Nemo: Hands down, the best costume we’ve seen of Darla yet. From the upside-down faux-fish to her utterly perfect facial expression, we think we’ve caught ourselves a Marlin. (Get it?)
6. Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Meet the archetypal cartoon femme fatale come to life. We’ve seen plenty of Jessica Rabbit costumes and this one here is our absolute favorite. Werk.
7. Cinderella: Sure, it’s a cartoon and it’s been a few years since we’ve seen it. But does she not totally capture Disney’s beloved rags-to-riches princess? We think she totes does.
8. Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean: That’s not Johnny Depp but he certainly channels the quirky pirate’s interesting mannerisms and bizarre antics. Now all we need is the rest of the cast because we wouldn’t want a lonely Cap’n Jack now would we?
9. Evil Step-Sisters From Cinderella: What a treat! We’ve never seen these two IRL before. Don’t tell Cinderella, but her infamously evil step-sisters are in town and we kinda want to get a picture with them.
10. Gaston + Wolverine = Gasterine: You’ve gotta love cosplayers and their obsessive melding of comic universes, characters and roles. This dude has brought to life what would happen if Gaston from Beauty & The Beast met Wolverine from X-Men. Brownie points for creativity, bruh.
11. Intergalactic Little Mermaid Jedis: Again with the unbelievable inventiveness of our beloved nerd-core cosplayers in all their fabulous glory. Here, you can see Ariel and Ursula duking it out with light sabers, as they’ve recently discovered the force.
12. Belle, Mrs. Potts + Sleeping Beauty: Well, isn’t that nice? Two Disney worlds have merged allowing two sweetheart princesses to become the best of friends. How Disney-fabulous.
13. Robin Hood: Oh, my. Never in our Disney-loving lives have we seen a costume this creative. Brillz.
14. Mia Thermopolis from The Princess Diaries: OMG. It’s Anne Hathaway before she came out as one of the world’s most stunning beauties. This costume is a total Disney-keeper, especially if you’re a fan of the A-Lister.
15. Disney Villain Pinups: Evil has a name, and it’s — Retro Villainesses? Huh? Here are Cruella DeVil, the Queen of Hearts and Dr. Facilier, all dressed to the nines in evil-pinup attire.
16. Snow White Gone Rogue: Phew! Here comes Snow White to the rescue. Those villains won’t stand a chance when this Disney favorite unleashes a healthy dose of badassery upon them. Go, girl.
17. Pinocchio + Friends: Wow. We’ve finally lived to see the day when one of our favorite Disney tales comes to life. We see that he’s been truthful thus far, but if that changes, there’s no telling what’ll happen.
18. Dumbo: Truth be told, we’ve always had a soft spot for Dumbo. It’s just that the movie was too sad. Here’s a brave chick repping her love for the most adorable little elephant in all the land. Props to her for those massive ears and that trunk contraption! Talk about high-tech.
19. Jiminy Cricket: Lolz. Are you as freaked out as we are? This is a totally Kafka-esque take on Jiminy Cricket. If you don’t catch the reference, go read Metamorphosis. It’s a classic, as is Jiminy.
20. California Screamin’ Riders: And the award for creative Disney interpretation goes to this pair, who’ve opted to combine their love of Disney with the other Disney theme park, California Adventure. They remind us of that crazy, badass roller coaster fun you can find at the park.
21. Disneyland’s Matterhorn: OMG. Yes. This is amazing. Here’s another nod to how much fun roller coasters can be. I mean, she’s dressed up as one of Disneyland’s classic rides. Not only is she a Disney fan, but this costume is truly impressive.
22. Mowgli from The Jungle Book: Didya see The Jungle Book? Didya?! Well, either way, bringing the adorable and resourceful Mowgli to life with his unbeatable heart of gold is a sure way to weasel your way right into our Disney-loving hearts.
23. Gadget: How adorable are those little mouse ears? And that DIY-wrench is a true Disney masterpiece. Brava!
24. Alice from Alice in Wonderland: Well hello, Alice. You’re looking rather lovely today.
25. Tarzan + Jane from Tarzan: Me Tarzan, you Jane. Costume amazing.
26. Belle from Beauty & The Beast: Is Belle your favorite Disney princess? She might be ours. Channel your most angelic vibes and step into her iconic yellow-gold gown for the most romantic Disney-fabulous costume of our dreams.
27. Belle’s Dress: Erm, sorry. This is awkward. It’s just that the iconic yellow-gold dress we were talking about is so classic it deserves a photo all of its own. Hehe.
28. Princess Tiana from The Princess & The Frog: We actually loved this movie even though it wasn’t around during our childhood. We’ve had a full-blown desire to head to New Orleans and feast on a gluten-free beignet. (Do they exist?)
29. Ariel from The Little Mermaid: Oh, look! It’s Ariel, flopping about for an early morning photoshoot on the beach. She’s just so fabulous, isn’t she? But really, that seashell bra is dope AF.
30. Snow White from Snow White & The Seven Dwarves: Snow! It’s really you! We knew she was real. For real, though, this chick nailed the beauty look for this Disney princess. Note to self: doe-eyes are the way to go for any Disney costume.
31. Modern DIY Snow White: This fashion gal’s given Snow White a modern update in this fabulous DIY getup. Those are clothes you can totally wear again and we’ll take any opportunity to make Disney happen on the daily.
33. Up!: There’s no surprise why this is our favorite Up! costume of all time. We’re always a fan of little babies dressed up like old people, but a whole bouquet of colorful balloons? Consider us transfixed. (Photo via How Does She)
34. Merida from Brave: Every time we see this costume, we remember just how powerful a Disney princess really is. Rock those ginger waves with pride — and that cute little accent, too.
35. Toy Story Couple’s Costume: This makes us downright happy. You can get dressed up all cowboy-chic with your S.O. and have the time of your life this Halloween.
36. Mad Hatter + Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland: Oh yikes. This is certainly Halloween-appropriate, emphasis on the scary.
37. The Emporer’s New Groove: Best part about this costume? You can groove the night away.
38. Genie from Aladdin: This is amazing. Dress as the genie from the movie Aladdin and you’ll find yourself granting wishes to every partygoer you come across.
39. Elsa from Frozen: Still not over Frozen? That’s ok. We won’t judge you if you want to dress up as this icy princess.
40. DIY Maleficent: This is one impressive DIY-er if you’d like to take on some seriously evil vibes on Halloween night. We’re even liking her minimalist beauty style, with a strong brow and an apple-red lip.
42. Ariel and Sebastian: If you are looking for a night full of undersea adventures, treasures and dinglehoppers, this costume will definitely do the trick. Your little crab’s costume is as easy as a red onesie, a red headband, pipe cleaners and googly eyes. (Photo via Brit + Co)
43. Ratatouille: Meet the cutest costume of the bunch. At least, the cutest Ratatouille family costume ever. We just love that little gourmet mousey, even if he’s technically a rat.
44. Nightmare Before Christmas: No wonder this was a costume contest winner! The attention to detail here is totally on point. Can you guess our favorite part? (It’s the faux dog!). (Photo via Stevenson Insider)
46. Inside Out: Go crazy with the facepaint and rock a serious scowl on your face all night. If you’re feeling cranky, it shouldn’t be too hard to do.
47. Inside Out: While we’re on the topic, we should probably let you use your imagination when it comes to the rest of the emotional Inside Out crew. Sadness was an insta-fav among cosplayers this year, and we can totally see why.
48. Ursula from The Little Mermaid: We love body and facepaint so much when it comes to Halloween. Seriously, when else can you get coverage like this? She makes the evil Ursula come to life, ready to snatch away the voices of our beloved Ariel.
50. Riley’s Imaginary Boyfriend: If you’re a major Inside Out fan but don’t necessarily want to paint your whole body a different color, show your love for the movie’s heroine by playing her imaginary boyfriend. (Photo via Disney Style)
52. Minnie Mouse: Ditch the classic red-and-white combo for this sweet alternative. Here’s a great costume if you’re not all that into Halloween, but don’t want to be a party pooper.
53. Disney Mashup: Can’t decide which Disney character you love the most? Scour eBay and the thrift store for a bunch of cheap stuffed Disney animals and craft them into something akin to this mega cool gown.
54. Roger and Anita: This couple has 101 problems and couple costumes aren’t one. Pair up with your hubby for everyone’s favorite pair of humans in 101 Dalmatians (Dogs come separately). (Photo via Melissa Biggerstaff)
55. Cinderella: Put a new spin on the Cinderella costume by rocking her less glamorous outfit and accessorizing it with a serving tray hat.
57. Haunted Mansion Tightrope Walker: If you’ve ever wandered into Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion, chances are you’ve spotted this massive painting of a tightrope walker who is balancing over some pretty dangerous waters. Copy her look for a Disney-inspired costume that’s not super obvious.
59. The Little Mermaid on VHS: Do you even remember what those are? They were what we had to watch Disney on before the days of DVDs, Blue Ray and Streaming. One of these days we’ll be seeing those bad boys in museums so live it up this Halloween before they’re totally obsolete. (Photo via tumblr user snuh)
60. Taco Belle: Punny-alert! Seriously, though, we’d totally love to combine our love of Disney with our love of Mexican food. Yum.
Did we miss any of your Disney favorites? If so, let us know on Pinterest!