10 Crazy Disney Halloween Costumes to Copy From This Year’s D23 Expo
Okay, so we know it’s only August, but we definitely already have Halloween on the brain. But can you really blame us? Everywhere we look lately there’s a great costume idea. Whether it’s one of Beyonce’s iconic outfits or Taylor Swift’s Bad Blood look, inspiration is abundant. And now, with the recently wrapped Disney D23 Expo, we have gone into a full blown costume craze. Aside from breaking a bunch of new Disney-related news, there was also an awesome costume pretty much everywhere you looked. If you’re into jumping on the Disney train this Halloween, scroll on down for some serious DIY outfit inspiration.
1. Riley’s Imaginary Boyfriend: If you’re a major Inside Out fan but don’t necessarily want to paint your whole body a different color, show your love for the movie’s heroine by playing her imaginary boyfriend. (Photo via Disney Style)
2. Hercules Sandals: Have a soft spot in your heart for Hercules? Follow this attendee’s lead by DIYing your own version of Air-Hercs. (Photo via @disneystyle)
3. Mary Poppins: Looking for something festive, but also wearable? This version of the very classy Mary Poppins is the perfect solution. (Photo via Disney Style)
4. Minnie Mouse: Ditch the classic red-and-white combo for this sweet alternative. Here’s a great costume if you’re not all that into Halloween, but don’t want to be a party pooper. (Photo via @megannicolemusic)
5. Dole Whips: If you’re just as much a fan of Disneyland as you are the characters, why not dress up as one of the park’s more popular treats, Dole Whips! (Photo via Disney Style)
6. Cinderella: Put a new spin on the Cinderella costume by rocking her less glamorous outfit and accessorizing it with a serving tray hat. (Photo via @disneydeadpool)
7. Carl and Ellie Fredricksen: This duo repping Carl and Ellie from Up is giving us some serious couple goals. (Photo via Disney Style)
8. Disney Mashup: Can’t decide which Disney character you love the most? Scour eBay and the thrift store for a bunch of cheap stuffed Disney animals and craft them into something akin to this mega cool gown. (Photo via @disneystyle)
9. Disney Princess Crew: If you’re one to favor a classic Disney-inspired look, here is all the inspiration you’ll need. We’re particularly fond of the Ariel on the far right who has chosen to skip the standard purple and green ensemble for her pink ballgown. (Photo via Disney Style)
10. Haunted Mansion Tightrope Walker: If you’ve ever wandered into Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion, chances are you’ve spotted this massive painting of a tightrope walker who is balancing over some pretty dangerous waters. Copy her look for a Disney-inspired costume that’s not super obvious. (Photo via @amberarden)
Are you following the D23 Expo? What was the best costume you spotted? Share a link with us in the comments below.