Decking out your space with a few well-chosen pieces of body part art can add a LOT of personality to your home. Think about it: You’ve already used the lucky evil eye symbol and even boob prints to make your house feel like a home. Take your body positivity to the next level with some DIY anatomy decor. It’s a funky and cool trend that will look modern and graphic, and not at all creepy. If you’re smitten with this *eye-catching* trend, scroll down and try your hand at nailing the look with these 19 DIY projects.
1. DIY Patterned Vase: Get a little cheeky and decorate a plain white vase with a gilded boob pattern. From a distance it just looks like a pretty geometric pattern that won’t shock your mother-in-law, but it’s a great gift for your girlfriends and anyone else who loves quirky decor with a sense of humor. (via Sugar & Cloth)
2. DIY Eyelash Mug: Can’t keep your eyes open in the morning? Neither can this adorable mug. Use a black porcelain pen to cover a plain white mug in this flirty eyelash pattern. (via Enthralling Gumption)
3. Metal Hand Photo Garland DIY: These gold metal photo holders are perfect for displaying your favorite prints or postcards. The fingers will stylishly hold up your pics after you customize the size of the hands to fit your space. Metal flashing is thin enough to cut with scissors, and you could easily paint them any color, if you’re thinking you might have too much gold in your home (said no one ever). (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. DIY Mini Face Planters: Give your planters some personality by painting little faces on them. White egg cups are the perfect size for air plants and succulents, and the shape is ideal for making these mini people. Use a fine-tipped porcelain pen to get detailed eyelashes and lips, and then bake the planters so the faces don’t wash off when you water your plants. (via Sugar & Cloth)
6. DIY Shut Eye Pillows: Bat those lashes, ladies. These dreamy pillows will look perfect in your bedroom or living room. Use iron-on letters to make one-of-a-kind pillows without having to pull out your sewing machine. (via I Spy DIY)
7. DIY Clay Ring Dish: If your jewelry organization could use a hand, DIY these clay ring dishes for your nightstand or dresser. Dress them up with tribal designs or paint them fun colors to complement your room. Rest assured, your favorite pendant necklaces are in good hands. (via Mollie Makes)
8. DIY Face Vase: Hack a Jonathan Adler vase with nothing more than a pencil and a tube of puffy paint. This easy DIY is the perfect way to add a dose of personality to any boring vases you have sitting around. (via At Home in Love)
9. DIY Eye Print Cushion Cover: You can’t help but feel wide awake with this eye-popping pillow on your couch or bed. This print is eye-deal for pillows, and you can easily create the repeating image with a toilet paper stamp on a basic cushion cover. Stick with a monochromatic palette or mix things up with different colored shades of ink for a more boho look. (via Make and Tell)
10. DIY Eye Slippers: These slippers are so easy to make you’ll be done before you can *wink* an eye. They’d be an adorable addition to a guest bedroom or a girls’ spa night in. Use iron-on stickers to make the eyes and lashes. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
11. DIY Little Madam Cushion: If you get the feeling you’re being watched, it might just be this lovely lady sitting on your couch. Instead of paint or iron-on stickers, use sequins to make the hot red lips. The added texture on this dressed-up pillow brings a little dimension to the room. (via Oh the Lovely Things)
12. Cold Picnic Private Parts ($264): Ok, so this rug isn’t a DIY, but maybe you don’t feel like waiting for it to be restocked (or paying an arm and a leg for these boobs). Instead, paint two half circles and two dots on a $10 rug to easily DIY your very own look for a fraction of that price.
13. DIY Mini Face Storage Box: If plants increase productivity, then this face planter is the cutest little coworker ever. Plus, he won’t judge your cat video breaks. Use foam to make the giant noses and paint the inside of the box a bright color for extra fun. (via Make and Tell)
14. Make and Tell Printable Gift Box: The best presents come in pretty packages, and if you’re running low on wrapping paper, these printable gift boxes are the perfect solution. Choose from three different designs, and box up little goodies like homemade candy, jewelry and cosmetics. (via Crafthunter)
15. Eye Love You Poster: Nothing shows true affection like a good pun. DIY this eye print by quickly sketching the design in pencil, then going back over it with pen or paint. Pop it in a frame, and you’ve got an awesome new piece of wall art. (via Hello Lidy)
16. DIY Batik Bag: When you’re rushing out the door juggling handfuls of tiny things, it’s nice to have a cute bag on hand. Eye-print graphics are a super playful way to make your black tote really pop. Use bleach to get a batik effect, or go all out with neon fabric paint. (via The Lovely Drawer)
18. DIY Eye Print Kitchen Towel: Doing dishes is never fun, but you can at least make the chore a bit more enjoyable with a pretty dish towel that will wink at you. Simple and creative, these eye towels are just the thing for a graphics-lovin’ foodie. (via Poppytalk)
19. Abstract Face Pillow DIY: Why keep modern art on the wall when you can put it on a cuddly throw pillow? Embrace your inner Picasso and turn a pillowcase into a cool, figurative face… a face that will never question your Netflix habits, thank you very much. (via A Beautiful Mess)
How fun are these anatomy-inspired projects? Follow us on Pinterest for more home decor inspo and DIY ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.