The Easiest DIY to Get Your Home Ready for Fall
The transition into fall gives you the perfect excuse to update your wardrobe and add some new accessories to your home. So if you’ve already added new fall layering pieces to your closet, now it’s time to get the rest of your house up to snuff for the season. Pom pom duvet,fall scented candle and gorgeous flower displays give us a lot to be excited about, but you know when we talk about fall and chilly weather there’s nothing more important than a warm and cozy space.
So today we’re here to show how to make this easy but very effective door draft stopper .
Materials and Tools:
— (2) 32 x 8-inch pieces of white cotton fabric
— fabric glue
— fabric colors
— pillow stuffing
1. Take your first piece of fabric and adorn it with an abstract pattern. Start with some light colors like pink and fuchsia and paint some shapes.
2. Use your flat brush to add some green and light blue shapes.
3. Add gray touches with a thinner brush, then complete the pattern with some black strokes, and let everything completely dry.
4. Take the two fabric pieces and place them with the wrong sides (the sides you don’t want to see) facing outside. Then glue, following the line shown below.
5. Wait until the glue is dried and turn the draft stopper right side out. Stuff using the pillow stuffing.
6. Use the fabric glue to close the hole you used for stuffing.
First be sure to measure your door and start with two pieces of fabric that have the desired dimensions. Then it’s all about decorating the cotton fabric with an abstract pattern. Start with some light color and a flat brush to paint some random shapes. Next, add some green and aqua touches, then complete the pattern with some gray shapes and black strokes. Once you’re satisfied with the final result, let everything completely dry. Some fabric colors need to be ironed to become waterproof, so be sure to read the producer instructions before jumping to the next step.
At this point, take the painted piece and the white one and place them with the wrong sides (the faces you don’t want to see) facing out. Then glue, following the green line shown above. Wait until it’s dried and turn the draft stopper right side out. Finally, stuff using the pillow stuffing and glue to close the hole. Voilà, you’re done!
The best thing about this project? You can choose the colors that best match with your unique place ;)
What’s the #1 thing you need to make to help your home feel ready for fall? Hit us up on Facebook @BritandCo and share your ideas.