3 Simple Makeup Tricks to Nail Your Halloween #MOTD
Halloween may be the time for bold makeup and over-the-top face paint, but sometimes a statement brow, lid, and lip look can do the trick too. Whether you want to be Cleopatra, a vampire, or put forth your best Twiggy impersonation, knowing a few beauty basics, such as contoured brows, spider lashes, and popsicle pouts, can totally tie your look together. Best of all, these three DIY Halloween makeup transformations are seriously easy to achieve. Ahead we show you how.
Ready to show off major arch appeal? Carving out a set of bold, contoured brows will do the trick.
What you’ll need:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade ($18) ( Two shades: one lighter, one slightly darker)
- angled brow brush
1. Use a clean spoolie to sweep your brow hairs up and over. This quick movement will help identify your natural arch and set the stage for your beauty beat.
2. Apply the lighter shade of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade to shade from the beginning of your brow to the middle where your arch begins to form.
3. Use the darker shade of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade from your arch down to the tail of your brow.
4. Use your angled brow brush to gently blend between the beginning, middle, and end of your brow to create a natural-looking gradation.
5. Touch up the edges with a creamy, non-shimmery brow highlighter or concealer. Be sure to blend it in with your finger so that it looks natural, as opposed to an obvious swipe of makeup.
6. Put on your costume and pose for the camera. So simple, right?
Forget about gooey, glued-on extensions. You can create a costume-ready smize with the help of a few swipes of voluminous mascara.
What you’ll need:
- eyelash curler
- L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise™ Millennial Pink Mascara Primer ($9)
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($24)
1. Use a clean spoolie to gently comb your lashes from base to ends.
2. The best way to show off the chunky allure of spider lashes is to curl them up and out. Heat your curler with a few seconds under your blowdryer. Just be careful not to make it too hot. Use the tool on each eye.
3. Apply a quality eye lash primer, like the L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Millennial Pink Mascara Primer, on your top and bottom lashes with a single swipe.
4. While your primer is still slightly tacky, follow it up with a few swipes of the voluminous Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. Don’t worry about brushing any clumps out, as the whole point is to lay it on thick and spidery.
5. Bat your lashes and be on your way.
Glossy, just-bitten lips have never looked so beautiful — especially if you’re planning to be a vampire this Halloween.
What you’ll need:
- Clinique Clear Pout Perfecting Pep-Start Balm ($18)
- lip brush
- Kaja Cushy Vibe High-Pigment Lip Stain in Satin Sheets ($18)
- Memebox Nooni Appleberry Lip Oil ($12)
1. Hydrate your lips with a quick swipe of the Clinique Clear Pout Perfecting Pep-Start Balm.
2. Use a pointed lip brush to apply a tiny bit of Kaja Cushy Vibe High-Pigment Lip Stain in Satin Sheets to the center of your pout. Remember, you don’t need much, as the end goal is to look blurry and blended out.
3. Apply a glossy lip oil over top the color. A few dabs of the Memebox Nooni Appleberry Lip Oil will do the trick. Not only will it add a touch more color, but it will hydrate lips and help perfect the blurry vibe too.
4. Gently push the color outwards with your fingertips. Don’t try to blend the two products together; just dab them in the same direction since you want it to look a bit uneven. After all, popsicle pouts are often referred to as just-been-kissed lips, and you know what that looks like.
5. Pucker up buttercup… or shall we say vampira?
Follow us on Pinterestfor more Halloween beauty inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Model: Kayla Haykin