Some girls are born to be chefs, trying all sorts of yummy recipes from pizza to sushi to pasta. Then there are those who were born bakers, crafting cakes and all kinds of delicious desserts. And finally, there are girls who were born to… use the kitchen as a dance floor. If cooking is not really your thing, we’re sure you’re going to like this project. Just grab some fabric scraps, a sheet of transfer paper and your dancing shoes.
Materials and Tools:
– fabric + matching thread
– transfer paper
– sewing machine
– tailor’s chalk
– fabric scissors
1. First, measure a rectangle that 12 x 18 inches and mark it with your tailor’s chalk.
2. Then use your fabric scissors to cut it out.
3. Now take your rectangle and fold the left edge over about one inch. Pin it in place and sew.
4. Repeat with all the other edges.
5. Now print your design on a sheet of transfer paper or download our template. Make sure the image is in reverse before you print and check the producer’s instructions for the best results.
6. Now cut your image, leaving a 1/4-inch border.
7. Then place the transfer paper, image side down, onto your towel and iron for at least 30 seconds.
8. Let everything cool and slowly peel off the transfer paper. Ta-da! You’re done.
Start by drawing a 12 x 18-inch rectangle and cut it out.
Fold over the left edge about one inch. Pin it and use your sewing machine to sew it in place. Then repeat with the other edges.
Print your design (or our cute one) onto the correct side of the transfer paper and set “photo quality” on your printer. Cut it out, leaving a 1/4-inch border, then place it onto the towel. At this point you’re ready to transfer your image, so iron the quote (image side down) for at least 30 seconds. Apply firm but even pressure. Lastly, let everything completely cool, then gently remove the paper and enjoy your brand new kitchen towel!
This is the perfect project if you want to add a pretty pop of color to your kitchen, don’t you think?
Are you going to give this project a try? If so, be sure to tweet us a picture using the hashtags #iamcreative and #britstagram