This Easy One-Pot Pesto Pasta Smoked Salmon Dinner Recipe Takes Less Than 20 Minutes
How did we ever survive without pesto? On pizzas, in a tomato and mozzarella salad and of course mixed into pasta, it’s a sauce that packs a punch like no other. For this one-pot meal, we’re also adding mascarpone, asparagus and smoked salmon to give this pesto/spaghetti dish a luxurious feel. An amazing 20-minute meal, made in one pan — who could ask for anything more! Just make sure you save some leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch :)
– 7 ounces spaghetti
– 4 ounces fine asparagus (the thinner asparagus), woody ends removed
– ½ cup frozen petit pois
– 6 Tablespoons pesto
– 3 Tablespoons mascarpone
– 3.5 ounces smoked salmon
– 2 cups watercress
– large pinch black pepper
– zest of 1 lemon
– 1/4 cup grated parmesan
– large pinch black pepper
- Place the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling water and cook for 1 minute less than the package instructions.
- Add the asparagus for the last 3 minutes and the peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain the spaghetti, reserving 3 tablespoons of the cooking water. Place spaghetti, asparagus and peas back in the pan over low heat.
- Stir through the pesto, mascarpone and 1-2 tablespoons of cooking water (just enough to ensure the sauce sticks to all of the pasta). Add the smoked salmon and place a lid on the pan to allow the salmon to heat through — about 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and stir through the watercress and black pepper.
- Divide between two plates and serve topped with lemon zest, parmesan and black pepper.
Find more delicious recipes on Brit + Co's Food page!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)