If your walls are feeling dull, brighten things up! This DIY neon sign is a B+C-approved way to liven up your decor. Customize it with letters or designs for a cool-girl approach to an old-school fave. Then plug it in, switch on the lights, and enjoy the electrifying glow.
Materials and Tools:
- 1 printed monogram or design
- 1 piece of colored 8 x 10 acrylic
- 7-8 zip ties
- flexible neon
- Find a design (like an ampersand) you like online and print it out.
- Lay a piece of acrylic (the size of your paper) over your design, and tape each side to fasten them together.
- Lay the flexible neon over the design and keep it in place with tape.
- Mark drill spots every four to five inches along the outside of the design. Then, use a drill to create the holes.
- Insert zip ties through the holes to secure the flexible neon in the shape of your design to the acrylic board.
- Remove the tape from the acrylic board.
- Plug it in and enjoy your glowing fixture!
Which projects are you DIYing this spring? Tell us @BritandCo!
(Photos via Brittany Griffin / Brit + Co)