This DIY Pac-Man Family Halloween Costume Will Win You All the Throwback Points
Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, and the cutest little ghost you ever did see? Yes please. This retro family Halloween costume is colorful, fun, and super affordable to DIY. I can’t help it — I’m a sucker for a throwback.
Major props are due to creative producer Cassidy Miller and PA Alexa Land who put this incredible set of costumes together. Not only are these costumes so darn cute, they’re also easy to take on and off, which is key when toting around a toddler. And the ghost T-shirt ensures that your little one won’t even notice she’s wearing a costume!
Here are the DIY steps for making the Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man costumes:
- Cut two cardboard circles for each costume.
- Cut triangular shapes out of each circle to make the mouth.
- Cover the circles in yellow paper.
- Cut panels to make the mouth and cover in black paper + red paper tongue.
- Cut panels that attach the two circles together and cover in yellow paper.
- Cut eyes out of black paper and affix to the circles.
- Connect the whole thing together using hot glue.
- We added traps using felt and Velcro so they’re easy to take on and off!
For the ghost, we simply added felt eyes to a hot pink T-shirt. Bonus if her sippy cup matches.
Also a v. cute costume for a couple! Pucker up, Pac-Man :)
What ’80s-inspired costumes have you DIYed? Share photos with us @BritandCo!
DIY Styling and Production: Cassidy Miller + Alexa Land
Photography: Brittany Griffin