16 Shiny Gold Statement Necklaces to Buy or DIY
In honor of this week’s #GoldRush, we’re keeping the gilded goods comin’. We’ve shown you snazzy gold tech accessories, made your mouth water with a gold confetti champagne cake and have even taken over your desktop with sparkling gold backgrounds. But this go-around, we’re dazzling your necks with some gorgeous gold statement necklaces. Check out these 16 shiny picks that are sure to take you from girl to goddess in no time.
1. Indra Necklace ($110): We’re kickin’ this roundup off with one of our own Brit Shop faves. We love how the matte turquoise beads in this statement piece make the shimmer and shine of the gold pendants really pop.
2. Hellyeah Diecast Metal Necklace ($32): While it may not be bulky or chunky like most statement necklaces you’re used to seeing, there’s no doubt that this accessory still makes a huge statement.
3. Temecula Rose Necklace ($32): It’s not often that we see mesh work well in jewelry pieces, but this rosy one breaks the mold.
4. Golden Knot Necklace: If you have the time, and a little bit of patience, stringing seed beads on six different strands can create a simple piece of jewelry with a nautical twist. (via The Sweet Survival)
6. Into the Nile Necklace ($18): The only thing better than shine is, well, more shine!
7. The Courtney Bib ($68): The basic white tee has met its accessory match. Who needs a fancy top when your necklace can do all the fashion work on its own?
8. Winding Whimsical Necklace ($11): Pearls make everything classier, and look great with anything from a casual chambray shirt to a sleek black blouse.
12. Chunky Gold Chain ($37): A chunky necklace that still looks sophisticated and ladylike… we’re in!
13. Collar Necklace ($125): This pick rocks a super fun vibe that pairs translucent and opaque beads together.
14. Good Fortune Bib ($13): If you’ve been looking for the perfect accessory to go with a simple black dress or crew-neck blouse, meet this layered babe.
16. Pave Bubble Necklace ($20): Skip bold… go straight for bedazzled!
Which of these necklaces will you be making a statement with? Leave us your thoughts below, and don’t forget to stay tuned for the rest of our #GoldRush features this week!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!