This Is the Easiest Way to Style a Fishtail Halo Braid — Seriously!
Braids don’t have to be intimidating, y’all — they’re actually super easy to master, once you have a little braiding 101 under your belt. One of the quickest braids to learn is the two-stranded fishtail braid because it’s so simple to style on yourself (truly!). I always turn to a fishtail braid as my style of choice when I need to look put together but I don’t have a lot of time to spend on my hair. It’s ideal as a festival hairstyle or easy summer wedding look.
Need more fishtail halo braid inspo? Check out these stunning Instababes who know what’s up.
1. Major Dimension: This is not your average fishtail — look at all the texture she’s got going on! You can achieve a similar vibe by spritzing your hair with a texturizing spray before you start braiding, then pulling apart your braid to thicken.
2. Simple and Sleek: This gal’s style keeps it sleek and chic, which we love. The tighter you braid your fishtail, the more streamlined this look will appear. Add a touch of hairspray to set your hard work in place and you’re good to go.
3. Va-Va-Volume: The sheer thickness of this gorgeous fishtail halo braid makes the style pretty show-stopping. A little back-combing, hairspray and pancaking (when you gently tug on each strand in a braid to widen it) will do the trick.
4. Short ‘n’ Sweet: Yes, you can rock a fishtail halo braid with short hair! We love how it shows off her sunkissed highlights and gives a nice silhouette that’s perfect for a summer wedding or elegant dinner party.
5. Boho Goddess: If you’re in search of a ‘do that’s the perfect balance of boho and chic, look no further. The pieces of hair that naturally fall out of the front keep this look casual, while the double fishtails add a special touch.
Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.
Hair styling + modeling: Jessica Farrington