I love La Croix. I said it. I wholeheartedly embrace the obsession… despite my disappearing enamel. (Psst: There may or may not be an upcoming B+C Halloween post where I’m dressed up as the Pamplemousse can — I’m in THAT deep, y’all.) Call me basic if you will, but don’t knock it ’til you try it! To celebrate this delectable drink, I transformed these iconic cans into planters. They’re kinda sorta REALLY perfect for a dorm room, apartment windowsill, office cubicle, and/or anywhere that needs a little greenery. PLUS, you can make these in two minutes flat, for next to no money. Let’s do this!
Enjoy La Croix long after you drank it all :)
~*La Croixs Over Boyz*~
Okay, back to the tutorial!
Believe it or not, if you water these beauties *with La Croix water,* they might just grow faster and be healthier. How crazy is that?
Materials and Tools:
- La Croix can
- can opener
- soil (if you need extra)
- Drink a La Croix (not pictured).
- Use a can opener to remove the top of the empty La Croix can. Neat trick, huh?
- Carefully nail a few holes in the base of the can for drainage.
- If needed, add extra soil to the can with a spoon.
- Loosen the roots and soil of your plant, then place it in the can. Use the spoon handle to pack the soil and roots into place. If needed, add more soil to secure the plant in its new home.
Voilà! An adorable planter made with the best sparkling water, ever.
Repeat, repeat, repeat with as many cans as you like.
That’s it, friends! Happy imbibing, and happy planting :)
Are you going to DIY these planters? We want to see! Share photos of the final product with us on Instagram by tagging #britstagram.
Production + Styling: Maddie Bachelder
Photography: Kurt Andre