Bacon Sheet Pan Pancakes Let You Brunch in a Batch
For something so fluffy and luxurious, pancakes take a lot of time, especially when you’re feeding a crowd. Enter the sheet pan, the quick and simple way to cook just about anything these days, including the breakfast staple. Sheet pan pancakes have been trending on Pinterest for quite some time, so we had to know if this hack really works. It turns out pancake batter cooks up sort of like a thin cake when baked in a sheet pan. We decided to get adventurous with our mix-ins and make some bacon pancakes. Try it yourself… and don’t forget to drench the squares in maple syrup.
Bacon Sheet Pan Pancakes
(Makes 12 pancake squares; serves 4)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and pancake mix into a bowl until just combined. It’s okay if there are a few lumps — that’ll make for fluffier pancakes.
- Cover a rimmed half sheet pan in parchment paper. Pour the pancake batter onto the sheet and spread with a spatula until it’s evenly distributed. Sprinkle 1/3 cup bacon on top of pancake batter, reserving some for garnish.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes on the center rack or until golden brown.
- To remove, lift the parchment paper out of the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut pancake using a pizza cutter or a sharp kitchen knife. Peel away parchment paper before serving with more bacon crumbles (optional), your favorite syrup, and butter.
Find other amazing sheet pan recipes on Pinterest!
(Photos and recipe via Melanie Burke / Brit + Co)