Warm nights call for sun-kissed skin, easy off-the-shoulder hairstyles, and, of course, a dramatic eye that works for any occasion. But for every smokey eye there is a slew of stained towels and piles of cotton swabs because of stubborn product. When soap and water just won’t cut it for your shadow-covered, liquid-lined, long-wearing mascara-coated eyes, turn to these don’t-mess removers to get the job done.
1. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Makeup 3-in-1 Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm ($38): Suitable for every skin type, this cleanser, makeup remover, and anti-aging serum does triple duty for your peepers thanks to a mix of collagen, hyaluronic acid, peptides, ceramides, and antioxidants. It can also act as a hydrating mask for your entire face when left on for 60 seconds.
2. The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover ($18): Don’t be fooled by TBS’s vegan, all-natural formula — the chamomile in this remover is ruthless when it comes to erasing all traces of last night’s cat-eye. Plus, it’s safe for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers.
3. Skyn Iceland Glacial Cleansing Cloths for Eyes ($15): Toss a few of these easy-to-use wipes in your travel bag for on-the-go cleansing. Infused with Icelandic glacial water and soothing natural botanicals like cucumber extract, these foaming cloths take it all off, without any water required.
4. DECLÉOR’s Aroma Cleanse Eye Makeup Remover ($36): Rita Ora swears by DECLÉOR’s Aroma Cleanse Eye Makeup Remover, and for good reason. This bi-phase miracle worker soothes the skin in the first aqueous phase, while the second oily phase rids your lids of the dreaded mascara runs.
5. Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover Stick ($19): If you don’t feel like carting around a bulky stack of makeup remover towelettes with you, Clinique’s handy stick solves that issue. Just twist-up, swipe over your eyes, rinse with warm water, and be on your way — to bed.
6. Kleenex Eye Makeup Removers ($10): So you used an eye makeup primer, long-wearing formulas, and waterproof mascara? Not a problem if you turn to these pre-soaked pads that remove the color with a water-based formula.
7. Meow Meow Tweet Makeup Remover & Cleansing Oil ($25): Bye-bye, raccoon eyes! A blend of lightweight coconut oil, purifying hazelnut oil, and skin-soothing jojoba oil will not only cleanse your face, but it won’t strip your skin of its natural oils. Did we mention it smells like lemon and rose? Heavenly.
8. Too Cool for School Dinoplatz Magic Wand for Lip & Eye Makeup Remover ($13): That feeling when… you just spent 30 minutes getting your glam on only to smear an eye. Don’t start all over, just touch up when these cute wands. No one will ever know the difference. PS — they work just as well on the lips.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty info and inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.