16 Face Mists to Stash at Your Desk for a Mid-Day Pick-Me-Up
Whenever seasons change, there’s a need for a skincare routine shake-up, but that’s especially true for fall and winter. The air gets colder and drier, which wreaks total havoc on your skin (think: the not-so-hot combination of feeling dry and looking dull), and that means we should all hop on any chance we get to give it a hydrating boost. Luckily for us, there’s a quick and easy way to keep cold weather skin in check: face mists. Not only is it a great step both before and after applying makeup, but spritzing just a bit mid-day can help freshen up and rejuvenate your complexion. In other words, it’s one of those beauty products that’s a tote bag must-have. Scroll through below to see our 16 favorite mists that will glisten up your complexion like that.
1. Evian Natural Mineral Water Spray ($12/5 oz): We know how important water is for our bodies. The same goes for our skin, which is why this spritzer full of mineral water is clutch for your on-the-go skincare needs.
2. Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist ($35): Maintain skin’s healthy balance with this lightweight rosewater mist that wakes up tired skin.
3. Dr. Jart+ Pore Medic Pore Minish Mist ($30): Dry skin isn’t the only skin type that can benefit from a mid-day facial mist. This two-in-one powder + toner can set and mattify makeup while simultaneously hydrating your skin and controlling excess oil.
4. Gressa Skin Rejuvenating Mist ($33): This mist contains just one ingredient — Neroli, a.k.a. Moroccan Orange Blossom — and it’s basically magical. Not only does Neroli provide you with aromatherapeutic benefits, but it also moisturizes and rejuvenates your skin.
5. Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray Thirsty Skin Relief ($22): Quench thirsty skin with a serious surge of moisture. Whether you use it before or after makeup, this spray works to hydrate your skin any time it feels a little dry or dull.
6. Yuli Cocoon Elixir ($36/1.7 oz): Sensitive skin will cherish this pure and gentle toner. The completely natural formula eases irritation and inflammation while providing nourishment and hydration. It’s a great all-rounder that can easily become an essential part of any skincare or makeup routine.
7. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist ($50): This aptly named mist truly does make you feel like royalty for the day. With a gentle formula and aromatherapeutic benefits, a few sprays of this throughout a long day will keep you looking and feeling relaxed and refreshed.
8. Glossier Soothing Face Mist ($18): Rosewater is an ingredient that’s been popping up in tons of different beauty products recently, and it’s put to good use in this soothing face mist. The travel-friendly container allows you to spritz a bit of this on the go for a quick pick-me-up.
9. Boots Botanics Organic Rosewater Toning Spritz ($8): This toner is a great way to prep your skin for a moisturizer, as it removes impurities and freshens you up without drying out your skin.
10. Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence ($85): Jasmine and rose and aloe, oh my! Those are just three of the superbly refreshing pieces of this gorgeous product, a spray that can be used before or after makeup for a glowing complexion at any time.
11. Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist ($32): This all-natural mist contains a laundry list of moisturizing and toning properties. A base of coconut water is enriched with hibiscus, rose and witch hazel for an instantly glowing face.
12. Bobbi Brown Face Mist ($35): With a laundry list of soothing ingredients it should come as no surprise that this face mist from Bobbi Brown makes for an instantly soothing mid-day hydrator. When your skin is feeling a little rough, one spritz from this fancy bottle will have you feeling better in no time.
13. Caudalie Beauty Elixir ($18/1 oz): Beauty pros and consumers alike swear by this face mist as a part-toner, part-serum makeup setting spray. If that isn’t enough, this elixir also tightens the appearance of pores while giving your skin an instant burst of radiance. Spray it right after makeup or throughout the day for a noticeably brighter appearance.
14. Boscia Balancing Facial Tonic ($24): Formulated without alcohol, this balancing facial tonic is best used after cleansing for a squeaky clean (but not dried out) face.
15. Murad Hydrating Toner ($28): This toner helps to rehydrate and rebalance your skin for an effortlessly glowing complexion.
16. DIY Face Mist: Want a little bit of skin hydration without shelling out the big bucks? This three-ingredient face mist is a quick and easy DIY that your skin is guaranteed to love. (via Brit + Co)
Which of these mists is your favorite for a midday pick-me-up? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)