Five Trending Paint Colors to Try This Fall
Just as leaves begin to turn and pumpkin-spice everything hits the shelves, you’ll find the fall season to be the *perf* opportunity for a decor refresh — and it starts with the walls. If you’re considering giving your home a fresh coat of paint but are waiting for the latest trends, here are the five shades that promise to be très trendy during the cooler months. And nope, there isn’t a shade of red or orange to be found. Fall 2016 is all about rich blues, jewel-toned greens and muted grays and neutrals. Treat those en voguemoody hues as a neutral and pair them with natural textures and vibrant accents for a stunning space to cozy up in this fall.
1. Metallic Tiled Backsplash: While this shade might not immediately spring to mind when leaves are turning red and orange, a rich shade of green is actually one of the most versatile, timeless and invigorating colors. Skip the paint and take a tiled backsplash higher than normal for an extra bit of drama and texture. (via The Bungalow)
2. Bedroom Accent Wall: Most people would shy away from green in the bedroom, but when paired with geometric shapes and dusty pink pillows, this rich sage green is seriously luxe. Play up the color with dramatic statement pieces, like a velvet headboard and natural wood and rattan textures. (via Lisanne van de Klift)
3. Accent Wall: Make a statement with a deep forest green accent wall, paired with natural wood and modern white pieces for a fresh new look. Exotic and unexpected, a dark green color in the living room is a great way to balance out opposing decor tastes. (via Bolig Magasinet)
4. Nightstand Accent: Two shades are better than one. Here, a nightstand plays well with a matching shade on the wall and on the bed. This vibrant color is versatile enough to work with any bedroom style, whether you love modern minimalist or all-out glam. (via Mad & Bolig)
5. Abstract Art: Rose quartz — one of Pantone’s Colors of the Year for 2016 — has been trending on Pinterest all year, and for good reason: It looks chic on anything, from a statement piece of art to a cozy duvet cover. Take a cue from fall’s changing colors and incorporate more dusty pinks into your bedroom with a new duvet or piece of art. (via Michael Bond Art)
6. Half Pink: Not sure how to feel about all-pink-everything? Try painting half the wall in a pale pink hue so soft and subtle, it’s basically a neutral. You can add more pink tones to your Pantone-pretty living room with throw pillows for an on-trend update that takes seconds. (via Clive Tompsett)
7. Rosy Linens: Take the pink into the bedroom and swap your current duvet for a simple dusty pink linen one. It will add a soft feel to the room and is neutral enough to open up your throw pillow possibilities. (via Elle)
9. Royal Dining: A dark royal blue brings a sense of luxury and sophistication to any room. A bold color like this one is great as an accent wall and adds the perfect pop to a mostly neutral dining room. (via Inside Out)
10. Open Shelving Glam: Traditionally, blue is seen as a cold color, but if you pick a blue with warm undertones, you’ll gave the same earthy vibes as a rich green or brown. Show off your perfectly styled kitchen shelves with a painted backsplash. (via Jonas Ingerstedt)
11. Woke Up Like This: A dark blue accent wall will have you feeling like you’re lounging in a bedroom pulled straight out of Architectural Digest. Just don’t forget to add lots of boho textures, like a feathered juju hat or a rattan headboard for a finished look. (via Ave Styles)
12. Shades of Blue: Sometimes your best Netflix and lounge room needs a little sophistication too. If you’re completely head over heels in love with the deep blue trend, layer accents like chairs or artwork in darker shades to give a space depth. (via West Elm)
13. Light Gray: If you’re ready to give your room a fresh coat of paint but are cautious about choosing a hue that will clash with your Christmas tree, a cozy neutral shade just might be perfect for you. Neutrals look lovely with textures, like rustic wood, linen or velvets. (via Oh My Dear)
14. Scandi Chic: Reinvent summer’s fresh pastels with a warmer neutral. Play with tried and true pairings, like soft grays with peachy blush tones and gold accessories, for a fresh Scandinavian vibe. (via Avenue Lifestyle)
15. Cozy Living Room: Create a cozy space for entertaining with a plush neutral rug and gray sofa. Be sure to position it right next to a white ottoman and a white bookcase full of your favorite paperbacks, for the ultimate relaxation station. (via Lovely Life)
16. Textures Galore: This bedroom totally pulls off the all-white look without looking cold, thanks to plenty of light gray elements. When it comes to comfort colors, soft gray is the king of cozy. (via Norske Interiorblogger)
17. Cozy Bedroom: Shades of gray have been trending hard all year, and a dark tone is perfect for a bedroom in need of a wintery makeover. Accentuate the richness of the color with luxe details, like a velvet headboard, tasseled blankets and feathered artwork. (via Paige Morse Creative)
18. Rustic Gray: Rustic, Scandi or boho: Whatever your aesthetic is, dark gray is the color for you. Choose a rich charcoal shade that feels luxurious, and accent with warm wood tones for the ultimate cabin vibe. (via Domino)
19. Almost Black: It takes a lot of courage to paint your living room a dark color like (*gasp*) black, but all you need is one accent wall (or a corner) to really make a statement. Avoid a cave scenario by incorporating a colorful sofa, patterned rug and lots of plants. (via Aunt Peaches)
20. Gray and Pink: That dark shade of gray totally works in this kitchen, thanks to the matte factor of the tile backsplash. And you can’t go wrong with a contrasting pink cabinet. This space is winning in so many ways. (via Allie NYC)
Looking for more creative ways to add more pizzazz to your home this fall? Check us out on Pinterest for more decor inspo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)