12 Ways to Rock a Blazer like a Fashion Girl
Just like Olivia Pope, our closets are filled with power blazers to take on the day and with cozy cardigans for couch-cuddling (and wine-guzzling) nights. From amping up an elegant gown to sporting it as a dress (we mean, did you see Rihanna and Emma Watson rocking them at the BFAs?), we found 12 new ways to rock our trusted coverup, inspired by some of our favorite fashion bloggers.
1. As a Dress: We’re taking a cue from Rihanna’s jaw-dropping BFA look and rocking this structured piece sans pants. A longline blazer in snowy white ($67) is a chic alternative to a boardroom-ready LBD. Seriously, we’re swooning over that asymmetrical hem. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
3. Add Structure to a Glam Gown: You could grab a faux fur stole or coat to add a traditional layer of warmth to your evening wear, or you could throw on a satin collar tuxedo blazer, wrap a belt around your waist and be effortlessly Parisian chic at your black tie affair. (via Harper’s Bazaar)
4. For the Perfect Balance to Feminine Details: Go for the feminine-masculine juxtaposition with this contrast-cuffed blazer and a lacy pencil skirt for a look that channels Kardashian. (via Neon Blush)
5. Add a Layer of Texture to a Neutral Outfit Palette: Frugal fashionistas know to be on the lookout for pieces in timeless silhouettes and classic neutrals. Each garment of this outfit is exactly that. (via Carolines Mode)
6. Zhush Up a Pair of Mom Jeans: We didn’t think it was possible either, but mom jeans are *back* and you can add a modern twist on a pair of high-waisted jeans with a chic cape blazer ($102), statement necklace and punchy heels. (via Style Pantry)
7. Balance Out a Bold Print: Sometimes gloomy weather calls for a pair of loud leopard pants. Rock the pajama trend by topping it with a structured blazer for the right balance between relaxed and ready for business. (via Studded Hearts)
8. All Over Shine: Is there anything rose gold that we don’t love? Float into the room with a billowy gossamer maxi skirt, basic v-neck tee and a rose gold blazer, clutch and strappy sandals for a modern-day Grecian goddess look. (via What Courtney Wore)
12. Add Major Color Contrast: Pieces from opposite ends of the color spectrum play well together, so grab your boyfriend’s tee, tuck it into a pair of cuffed jeans and add a black blazer, pumps and clutch for a minimalist look. (via Badlands)
How do you style your blazer? Tell us in the comments.
Scene: It's a few days before Thanksgiving and you've just found out you're hosting your pod's Friendsgiving, kids and all — help! Well, you've come to the right place because together with Camp by Walmart, we're showing you how to put together a beautiful DIY Thanksgiving tablescape in a few easy-to-recreate steps. Even the kids can get in on the fun as you learn how to design pumpkin-printed placemats or a glittering table runner in this choose-your-own-adventure crafting video. Head on over to Camp by Walmart to watch it now.