Every Style Essential Necessary to Nail the Femleisure Fashion Trend
It wasn’t long ago that athleisure was the new kid on the block. Well, allow us to direct your attention to the new hybrid trend that’s got Instababes everywhere ready to show off their femme side. Femleisure brings together ultra-girly and athletic pieces in one comfy look — and it is slated to be one of 2017’s most double-tap-worthy combinations. While the result may not always be so plain as day (think: a poplin button-down and track pants), the off-duty styling potential is there. Keep on scrolling for 10 femleisure style essentials that are guaranteed to shake up the street-style scene.
1. Varley Rochester Mockneck Pullover ($120): Put the femme in femleisure with this mock-neck pullover reimagined in millennial pink. A tennis skort and white canvas sneakers may be in order as you practice your backswing or explore Charleston by bike.
2. Toit Volant Flore Dress ($198): Layering is everything, as far as this flirty neck-plunging slip dress is concerned. Toss it over an Adidas logo tee come the weekend or whip out some metallic flatforms and modern hoops for a cutting-edge boardroom look (maybe).
3. Local Heroes Miss World Satin Jacket ($109): Who runs this world? That would be you, Miss HBIC. Don’t hesitate to slip this pink satin bomber on alongside a lace pencil skirt and white tennies for a uniform that reads business casual 2.0. Kicking butt and taking names has never looked so dang good.
4. Adidas Superstar Lace-Up Sneakers ($80): Make way for the OG of sneaker brands that pretty much every blogger has on lockdown these days. Go glam with a slinky slip dress and dangling chandelier earrings or play it cool with a spring-y chambray tunic dress.
5. Clare Vivier Fannypack ($289): How to add a dash of awesomeness to an otherwise lackluster #OOTD? We thought you’d never ask. Proceed to team this hands-free jaguar print fanny pack with everything from a white denim overall dress and pool slides to a full skirt and a shiny track jacket. Rawr is right.
6. M. Gemi The Balletto ($228): Rocking lace-up ballerinas beyond the dance studio floor is officially a go. Between the removable grosgrain ribbons and the pretty blush tone, these pretties are this close to stealing the spotlight. Try cropped black leggings and an oversized hoodie by day and a come-hither bodysuit by night (just add high-waisted mom jeans for maximum impact).
7. Beloforte Bootybreak Legging ($143): Have high-performance leggings designated to enhance your booty, proceeds to style ‘em with anything and everything. (Just between you and us, no one has to know you’re heading out for a well-timed gelato run.) Let it be known: The mesh panels and faux leather accents will straight-up slay on the dance floor.
8. J.Crew Tulle Ball Skirt ($198): Turn down a chance to feel like the belle of the ball? Nah, not on this girly girl’s watch. Give this neon orchid tulle skirt a twirl (or five) with a ringer tee and a Yankees baseball cap. It’s the juxtaposition between femme and sporty that gets us every. Single. Time.
9. Wildfox Essentials Stripe Easy Sweats ($114): Bummin’ it like it’s Sunday morning doesn’t have to equate to looking like a hot mess. These striped fleece sweats are proof that stylish loungewear DOES exist. Throw in a luxe leather belt bag and some faux fur lined backless mules for instant style cred.
10. Meg Shops Feminist Sweatshirt ($59): Maybe you’re hitting up a women’s rights march or perhaps you’re playing hoops with the boys — either way, a little feminist appeal is in order. We vote in favor of this slay-worthy gray pullover that pairs just as splendidly with a swishy metallic accordion pleat skirt as tulle hem jeans (look ‘em up, they’re currently trending).
Will you be test-driving a femleisure look this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.