Step aside, cool-girl-approved bombers — there’s a new jacket in town vying for a top spot in your spring wardrobe. We’re pretty pumped for the revival of field jackets that give off a “trying, but not trying too hard vibe.” Due to its all-around rugged appeal and quintessential boxy shape, it’s the type of topper that can be tossed on at a moment’s notice without hesitation. Gear up for Glastonbury Festival with rainy-day wellies in tow, or make the trek downtown clothed in frayed hem jeans and backless mules. Regardless of your style sensibilities (edgy, boho, contemporary prep — you name it!), you’re guaranteed to get your fair share of wear out of this ceaselessly chic topper.
1. Sincerely Jules Bailey Jacket ($190): This embroidered field jacket with a military twist has us seeing stars. Who better to take style cues from than Julie Sariñana (blogger babe behind Sincerely Jules)? Master the art of off-duty dressing by teaming it alongside ripped jeans and white kicks for around-the-clock domination.
2. Levi’s Utility Field Jacket ($150): Overly distressed denim cutoffs? Check. Mirrored sunnies and a free-wheelin’ fanny pack? Check. Signature Levi’s utility jacket? Triple check. Sounds like a solid festival-going #OOTD to us. Non-boho babes: Try crisp white jeans and ankle boots for the *ultimate* spring uniform.
3. J.Crew The Downtown Field Jacket ($148): Meet the OG of waxed field jackets, courtesy of J.Crew, that you’ll reach for time and time again. (Your BFF, sister, and perhaps even your own mother already has one on standby. They’re that foolproof.) For extra panache, cuff the sleeves and proceed to let your striped button-down peek out just a smidge.
4. Hei Hei Embroidered Field Jacket ($168): We know a wardrobe workhorse when we see one. Whether you’re off to the races or have a mimosa-filled brunch (or two) to attend, you won’t run out of excuses to reach for this versatile moss green field jacket.
5. Talula Trooper Jacket ($120): Break up the monotony of army green military toppers with this neutral-hued field jacket that reads HBIC. Try an all-black-errthang uniform for a model-off-duty look that slays by night and day.
6. Mango Decorative Patches Cotton Jacket ($120): When it comes to decorative patches, our style philosophy is the more, the merrier. Gear up for Coachella with this cotton patchwork field jacket that will take you from road tripping coast to coast to glamping in the mountains. Further personalize your look with a slew of souvenir pins as a testament of your travels.
7. Superdry Rookie Field Jacket ($95): You? A style rookie? No way. Not according to your stylish track record, anyway. Introducing the no-frills field jacket that will elevate everything from a Breton striped t-shirt dress to rolled-up boyfriend jeans.
8. Bagatelle Patch Field Jacket ($198): Can you say patches aplenty? We thought so. Why blend in with the crowd when you can make an entrance like “whoa” with minimal effort. That’s not even a question.
9. Express Flight Satin Sleeve Layered Twill Parka ($188): Bring on the drama with this utilitarian parka featuring contrast satin sleeves and shoulder epaulets for no shortage of “don’t mess with me” ‘tude. Dial it down with a white tee and leather pants, or channel your urban sophisticate with a striped turtleneck.
10. Sanctuary Alisha Camo Anorak ($158): Meet the *perfect* spring jacket you won’t want to take off. No joke. The lightweight material is just right for chilly morning commutes and balmy spring afternoons. Be forewarned: You may or may not want to reach for your prized Doc Martens and a denim button-front skirt.
11. Forever 21 Longline Patched Utility Jacket ($35): Channel your inner GI Jane with this patched longline utility jacket that’s Fierce (with a capital F). The slew of embroidered patches (we’re partial to the “I Love Paris” sequin patch) lend just the amount of personality to an otherwise run-of-the-mill utility jacket. Start a style revolution by teaming this bad boy alongside Chelsea boots and high-performance leggings for an athleisure look.
What’s your go-to way to style an off-duty field jacket? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.