Make These Floral Easter Eggs in 5 Easy Steps
Can you guess what our favorite spring holiday is? We’ll give you a hint — we’re really, really egg-cited about it. We’re so egg-cited that we’ve already dedicated dozens of posts to the holiday this year, the B+C shop is stocked with all the supplies you need + gifts for Easter baskets and we’re only just getting started. Yes, we’re talking about Easter! So to add to the pile, we’re bringing you an extra springy Easter egg idea — floral eggs. All you need are some waterproof pens and a bit of patience. Just like with our Full House eggs, it’s easier than you think. We promise!
– boiled eggs (learn how to prep the perfect one here)
– waterproof pen (we used a Micron pen)
– waterproof markers (we used Deco pens)
1. Outline the flower’s shape in pencil, then trace over it with a waterproof pen.
2. Color in your flower with waterproof markers. Trace around the flower with a thicker black pen to make the illustration stand out more. (FYI, we looked to Google Images for inspo, then drew a simplified version of each flower.)
3. Write the name of each flower using your thin waterproof pen. Let dry.
We recommend boiled eggs for this particular DIY because you need to hold the egg tightly while drawing. A cracked egg is a very, very sad egg, people.
Draw each flower with a pencil, then trace over the pencil with a waterproof pen. Color in your flower with waterproof markers. If you like, you can trace around your design with a thicker waterproof pen.
Pro Tip: Google Images is your friend! We looked at tons of photos for each flower, and then sketched out a simplified version. Since your canvas is so tiny, you don’t need to add much detail.
Add in the name of each flower on the side of your design. Voila!
Aren’t they pretty?! These sweeties are the epitome of springtime.
Are you trying out our DIYs this Easter season? If so, we’d love to see what you’ve been making. Share images with the hashtag #iamcreative and #britstagram on Twitter or Instagram and we’ll be sure to check them out!