10 Foodie Gifts That Give Back for Valentine’s Day
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, we’re scoping out the perfect gifts for our loved ones. And any time we’re gifting goodies, it’s nice to think about ways to give back as well. Get a double whammy of karma with these foodie gifts that donate some or all of their profits to worthwhile causes. The best part about everything here? It is all certified delicious, good for you and good for the world. Now, go forth and start snacking.
1. Nature Box: A hand-selected assortment of healthy, all-natural snacks to get you through the work week is already pretty amazing, but the fact that they deliver food to Feeding America for every box of snacks they deliver… well, that’s just unreal.
2. Seattle Chocolates: Feel good about a little indulgence by ordering that chocolate fix from this company. This women-run confectioner donates a meal to families in need for every sale.
3. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer: All the sales from these tasty cookies go toward research and treatment for kids with cancer. So go ahead. Grab a few more from the jar.
4. One Hope Wine: Make Galentine’s even more special by pouring a bottle from this wine maker. They donate half of their proceeds to various worthwhile causes, including ones that help pets and the environment.
5. Camelbak Groove: While this isn’t a food or drink, it will help your pal stay hydrated all day, every day. And by donating some of their revenue to the campaigns run by Water.org, Camelbak ensure that people in the rest of the world stay refreshed too.
6. Savannah Bee Company: The world’s bee population is declining at a pretty scary rate, and if it continues to do so, our fruits and vegetables will soon pay the price. That’s why Savannah Bee Company dedicates itself to not only making delicious honey from bees that are kept safe, but also to researching the reason behind the bees’ disappearances so we can change things before its too late.
7. Equal Exchange Chocolate: Delicious, dark, luxurious chocolate? Check. Company that uses only Fair Trade ingredients and supports rural farmers? Check.
8. Finnegan’s Beer: This company turns beer into food — and no, not in a religious way. 100% of the beer’s profits go toward cooking and delivering meals for the hungry.
9. Numi Tea: Let your friend relax with a warm cup of tea after a long day and know that the mug they’re sipping from contributed to the spread of arts programs in the US, while also supporting Fair Trade farmers and using eco-friendly packaging.
Which of these treats are you most excited to try? Would you give any to your foodie friends for Valentine’s Day? Tell us below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)