Get Ready to Road Trip With PB & J Snack Bars
Get ready for warm-weather road tripping with some not-so-guilty-pleasure snacks like these PB&J snack bars. Tucked inside are ingredients you'll find in the classic sammy (minus the bread), including natural peanut butter, dates, dried fruit, oats, and chia seeds. Wrap them up and enjoy as an energizing grab-and-go snack to take wherever the road leads you.
We used cherry preserves and dried cherries in the no-bake mix, but other options (think grape jelly and raisins or blueberry jam and dried blueberries) would be tasty too. Wrap them in waxed paper, because they're soft, and definitely store them in the fridge or freezer (put them in your cooler for your road trip).
PB&J Snack Bars
- 5-6 large, pitted dates
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- waxed paper
- Add all the ingredients except the dried cherries to a food processor and blend until smooth. Fold the dried cherries into the mixture.
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with the waxed paper so it hangs over the edges. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Freeze for at least an hour. Remove the pan from the freezer and lift the mixture from the pan using the waxed paper.
- Place on a hard surface and use a knife to cut into 8 bars. Use a spatula to lift each bar. The mixture may be a little soft, so after lifting the bars, you may need to reshape them slightly.
- Wrap each bar in waxed paper and refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve. Store any unused portions in the refrigerator or freezer.
Looking for more snack recipes? Check us out on Pinterest!
(Recipe and photos via Patricia Conte / Brit + Co)
This post has been updated.
- 10 Tasty Plant-Based Snacks to Power You Through Your Day - Brit ... ›
- Olivia Munn's Go-To Healthy Snack Is Not What You're Thinking ... ›
- 11 Calming Bedtime Snacks to Help You Fall Asleep - Brit + Co ›
- 27 Healthy Foods You Need to Try This Year - Brit + Co ›
- 18 5-Ingredient After-School Snacks - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Healthy Halloween Snack Recipes for Eerily Good Eating - Brit + ... ›
- 11 Easy Snack Swaps That Are Healthy and Yummy - Brit + Co ›
- 9 Healthy 5-Ingredient Snacks to Make at Home - Brit + Co ›
- 5 Nutritionists Share Their Go-To Healthy Midday Slump Snack - Brit ... ›
- 13 Healthy Snack Swaps to Add to Your Pantry - Brit + Co ›
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.