9 Healthy 5-Ingredient Snacks to Make at Home
For many of us, 2016 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2017! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January for new ideas, hacks and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
It’s waaaaay too easy to simply grab a bag of chips or to plop a bowl of popcorn in your lap and call it a snack. Those aren’t the most nutritious or filling options for a homemade healthy snack, however. These healthy treats include minimal ingredients (just five) and minimal fuss when it comes to making them at home in the comfort of your own kitchen. There’s something very satisfying about truly knowing what ingredients are included in the food you eat, isn’t there? Convenient snacks don’t have to come from the store, nor do they need to be an utter chore to make. Check out these nine healthy and filling snack recipes to crush your cravings.
1. Peanut Butter Fruit Dip: This treat can make anyone feel like a kid at heart. Dig into the decadence that is a time-tested, kid-classic flavor: peanut butter. This dip is fit for fruit and gets its creaminess from Greek yogurt. (via Cooking Classy)
2. Butternut Squash Fritters: Imagine how delicious a combo of butternut squash and fresh herbs tastes, especially when made into little patties and pan-fried. They’re crispy on the outside (hellooo delicious!) and take a short time to put together. (via Just a Taste)
3. Easy Zucchini Pizza Bites: All pizza flavor and NO CARBS. For real? Definitely. Zucchini rounds make the perfect pizza base that gets topped with sauce, a little pepperoni and, of course, plenty of cheese. Have another “slice” and enjoy. (via Countryside Cravings)
4. Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies: These cookies cut out the flour and sugar but not the flavor. Wonder how that’s possible? Just take a bite to discover both chocolate chips and peanut butter. Amazing, amirite? (via A Touch of Grace)
5. Spinach Balls: The nice thing about these iron-packed snacks is that you can make them ahead of time and pop them in the freezer, then pull some out to enjoy when the mood strikes. Of course you don’t have to save them for later. You do you. (via Sweet As Honey)
6. Healthy Berry Yogurt Smoothie: Packed with protein, this smoothie is the perfect snack to satisfy hunger throughout the day. Of course it doesn’t hurt that it’s a pretty purple color, delicious to drink and includes not one but TWO types of berries. (via Chef Savvy)
7. Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Bars: Step *away* from the oven. There’s no baking necessary to whip up a batch of these vegan bars that are super easy to make and good for you too. Dates sweeten these goodies that include ch-ch-ch-chia seeds. (via My Sequined Life)
8. Zucchini Fritters: Fritter away is what I like to say, especially when it comes to the zucchini variety. Grated and green zucchini is the main ingredient in these rounds that are just begging for a dollop of sour cream on top. (via Just a Taste)
9. No-Bake Granola Bars: Say good riddance to granola bars from the store (gasp). This recipe for no-bake granola bars is filled with oats and dried fruit, so there’s no need to wander the aisles any longer. (via Brown Eyed Baker)
Searching for more simple snacks to make at home? Follow us on Pinterest!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)