Forrest Gump was initially released 20 years ago, on July 6th, 1994. The film is such a classic that it’s constantly referenced in other films, on television and even in our daily conversations. Seriously, who isn’t guilty of having yelled, “Run, Forrest, run!” at least a hundred times? This movie is one of our favorites and will undoubtedly gain even more fans in the next 20 years. In honor of this milestone birthday, we’re bringing you 20 creative and wonderful ways to honor our main man Forrest and to celebrate one of the most epic movies of our time.
2. Movie Poster ($17): This poster captures the simplicity of Forrest and his extravagant story. We totally want it.
5. Box of Chocolates Poster ($5): This is probably one of the most well-known quotes from the movie, and for good reason. Mama Gump certainly knew what she was talking about.
6. Chocolate + Ping Pong Throw Pillow ($20): Ping pong and a box of chocolates to honor two of the most iconic scenes in the movie.
7. Shrimp Art Print ($16): Aww, the heart-shaped shrimp represents Forrest and Jenny’s love for each other. Kind of weird, but totally cute at the same time.
8. Like Peas + Carrots Greeting Card ($4): “From that day on, we was always together. Jenny and me was like peas and carrots.”
10. Just Do It Tote Bag ($22): Not sure about you, but our favorite athlete is definitely Forrest Gump.
11. Dark Chocolate Vegan Truffles: The box of chocolates may have been a metaphor, but you should still feel free to make your own. These truffles are an excellent way to start the birthday celebration. (via Brit + Co)
12. T. Hanks Retro Letterpress Greeting Card ($5): It may be more Ton Hanks circa Big, but we simply cannot get over the cleverness of this thank you card.
13. Forrest Gump Wall Mural ($25 and up): Have a bare wall in your living room? Forrest Gump is ready to grace it with his presence.
14. Forrest Gump Pop Art ($19): We love the style of this pop art! Tom Hanks’ beautiful face would fit in on any wall, anywhere.
15. Forever 21 Feather Necklace ($4): Here’s a feather necklace to remember that one lone feather floating around the entire movie.
16. Destiny Art Print ($14): No one ever said Forrest was a grammarian, but this quote still gets us every time.
17. Forrest Gump Movie Parts Poster ($10): It’s the entire film summarized on one poster. We’re totally diggin’ it.
18. Tom Hanks Stud Earrings ($9): Yes, these are a bit crazy, but they’re also the funniest pair of earrings you will ever own. These are sure to start some amazing conversations whenever you wear them.
19. Bubba Gump iPhone 4 Case ($15): If hats aren’t your thing, perhaps your iPhone could use a new outfit.
How are you celebrating Forrest Gump’s big birthday? Tell us in the comments below or on Facebook.