We are googly eyed for these little green monsters. Part Frankenstein, part goblin, we can’t get enough of these Halloween shooters! Perfect for your All Hallow’s Eve bash, these only require a few ingredients for a creepy crawly treat.
Ready for another awesomely outrageous Oreo recipe? Let’s get started!
– 1 3oz package green (or lime) jello mix
– 1 package eyeball candies
– 1 cup boiling hot water
– 1/2 cup very cold water
– 1/2 cup very cold vodka
– 12 Oreos
– 24 jello shot cups
1. Begin by removing the center cream from the Oreos.
2. Place Oreos in a plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
3. Next, press the Oreo mixture into the bottom of the jello shot cups.
4. Combine jello mix with very hot water. TIP: skip the stove and microwave a cup of water for 2 minutes!
5. Stir until dissolved. Add in cold water and vodka. Stir again.
6. Pour jello mix into cups. Place cups into fridge and let sit for 4 hours or until firm.
7. Use a toothpick to gently scrape around sides of jello shooters, then turn over onto a plate.
8. Gently press eyeball candies into jello shots.
9. Place jello shots on a large platter. Enjoy these within an hour of removing from fridge. Make sure to have napkins handy!
Start by removing the white, creamy filling from each Oreo—eat up if you like, ’cause we’re only saving the cookie parts. :) Place the tops and bottoms in a plastic bag and crush ’em to bits. Then sprinkle the Oreo “dirt” into the bottom of your jello shot cup, and press it in firmly with your thumb.
You need to channel your inner mad scientist for this next part: carefully pour very hot water over the jello mix, and stir until it’s dissolved. Then add your very cold water and equally chilly vodka, and stir to combine. Doesn’t this mixture look like a bubbling cauldron? Then slowly pour your mixture into the Oreo-ed shot cups, and place your creepy looking creations in the fridge till they’re firm—about four hours.
When your spiked sweets have set, run a toothpick around the edge of the shot cup to loosen ’em up, then flip the mold over and onto a plate. Next bring this guy to life by gently pressing on your candy eyes! IT’S ALIVE! We shall call him: Frankengoblin!
Set three on a long platter and enjoy! Don’t forget to decorate your plate with bright orange spiders to enhance the spooky vibe! We can’t imagine anyone turning down this tricked out jello shot!
What are your favorite tricks and treats this season? Tell us in the comments below!