12 Fried Cheese Recipes for When You Want to Treat Yoself
When it comes to cheese, we love it all, from cheddar to mozz. Cheese recipes are absolutely a staple in our diet. Heck, we even love to give cheese-themed gifts! You get the picture. Though it’s hard to choose a favorite, there’s a special place in our hearts for fried cheese. In fact, here are 12 ways to indulge in fried cheese… along with a few baked recipes, just to show that crispy, melty goodness can be *slightly* healthy too.
2. Baked Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Chips: Here is the perfect opportunity to have your cheese and eat it too. You’ll get a nice helping of vegetables, but what you really taste is that salty Parmesan cheese. Plus, these bad boys are baked, not fried, so it’s like a double dose of healthy-ish. (via Diethood)
3. Crispy Broccoli Parmesan Fritters: Although this is a baked fritter, we think it’s *just* as tasty as the fried version. It’s chock full of broccoli and Parmesan, so it’s anything but short on flavor. The bright green color has us thinking these would make a great party snack. (via Café Delites)
4. Cheese Puffs (Gougeres): We love cheese puffs, you love cheese puffs, everyone *loves* cheese puffs. Well, the cheese puff game is stepping it up a notch with these cheesy French pastries. We’ll eat anything that’s French because it makes us feel more elegant… right? (via Rasa Malaysia)
5. Cheesy Jalapeño Potato Poppers: Jalapeño poppers are pretty much the best bar food around, and we’re loving this take on the classic snack. Potatoes and Pepper Jack cheese give you that spicy-creamy combo that is to. die. for. (via Foodie With Family)
6. Crispy Fried Cheese Curds: Admit it: You almost thought these were little chicken nuggets, didn’t you? Yeah, us too. Turns out they’re just delectably battered cheese curd balls. They look extra crunchy, which is perfect because we’re extra hungry. (via Num’s the Word)
7. Cheese Frenchees Deep Fried Grilled Cheese: Biting into the perfect grilled cheese is like waking up to snow on Christmas morning. When we heard you could deep fry grilled cheese, well… we’re sure you can imagine our reaction. (via Oh, Sweet Basil)
8. Fried Macaroni & Cheese Bites Recipe: We *might* have just discovered the best macaroni and cheese ever. And all you have to do is mush it into a ball and fry it. Guess we know what we’re having for dinner tonight. (via Mommy Musings)
9. Garlic Basil Parmesan Crisps: Eating these crisps is like indulging in our favorite potato chips, minus the grease and guilt — and you can whip them up with just three ingredients. Who knew delicious was *that* easy? (via Bless Her Heart Y’all)
10. Mozzarella Cheese Stuffed Mashed Potato Balls: Your life is about change, all because you now know cheese-stuffed mashed potatoes balls exist. Traditional mashed potatoes are great, but we’re showing up to our next Friendsgiving with a bowl full of these. (via I Knead to Eat)
12. Zucchini, Feta and Spinach Fritters With Garlic Tzatziki: Fritters are already a go-to fried treat, and for good reason. When you add a whole lotta feta cheese and some veggies to balance it out, this dish is ready to wow at your next dinner party. (via Host the Toast)
Love cheese as much as us? Follow us on Pinterest for more melty recipes!
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)