10 French Pastry Recipes You Can Make at Home
Let’s be real. French pastries are equally sinfully delicious and impossible to make. Or not? We have 10 recipes that will make your inner David Lebovitz shine. In most cases, you will need a little patience, a little bit of handiwork and a whole lot of butter. Get your chef gear ready and let’s get this French party started, maintenant.
1. Vol-au-vents: Meet your new secret weapon for dinner parties. Vol-au-vents are heavenly pastry pockets that take in just about any filling, sweet or savory. We love the look (probably the taste, too!) of a deconstructed asparagus scramble. (via Cannelle et Vanille)
4. Chocolate Choux Buns: Take tea time to a whole new level with these decadent, cream-filled pastry puffs. They call for a generous coat of dark chocolate and a good friend to spend the afternoon gossiping with. (via Divine Chocolate)
5. Galette: You’ll see them most often in the dessert menu, but galettes can hold savory ingredients, too. These versatile round flaky pancakes of sorts create a stunning presentation time and time again. (via Snixy Kitchen)
9. Croquembouche: Take a killer profiterole recipe and present your batch in tower form — the taller the better. That show-stopper is called a Croquembouche. The combination of lavender and lemon curd in this recipe takes it over the top. In the best way. (via Appetite for Discovery)
10. Pain Au Chocolat: The good news? You… yes, you… can make pain au chocolat at home. The bad news? You can make pain au chocolat at home. This is no shortcut recipe, but the extra effort pays off big time. (via The Bojon Gourmet)
What heavenly pastry makes you dream of Paris at home? Tell us in your comments below?