We’re all about themed parties, from donut parties to confetti obsessions. We also love geometric shapes on everything: swimwear, lighting, jewelry, you name it. So it was only a matter of time before we combined the two and decided to show y’all how to throw a party studded with geometric decorations! Appropriate for birthdays, weddings and no-occasion-needed soirees, the geo theme can be both playful and upscale. Erase all thoughts of high school math class and use these 25 geometric party ideas to buy, DIY or simply find some inspiration for your next event.
1. Geometric Cookies: The bold lines and shapes of this trend are softened using pastel shades, making these cookies perfect for kids and adults alike. (via The Little Big Company)
2. Arrow Meringues: All it takes is some meringues and a food marker to create these sweet little desserts. Go crazy and draw all kinds of shapes. (via Kristi Murphy)
3. Geometric Wedding Invitations: The shape of these wedding invites is simple but unique, and the gemstone makes for a fun souvenir for your wedding guests. (via 100 Layer Cake)
4. Faceted Drink Stirrers: Make any drink extra special with these easy DIY drink stirrers. (via Confetti Pop)
5. Geometric Heart ($19): This wood grain geometric heart makes a great backdrop for a Valentine’s day party, without being overly cheesy.
6. Geometric Cake: With some fondant and a little bit of patience, anyone can recreate this fun and flirty cake design. (via The Cake Blog)
7. Pretty Piñatas: What’s a party without a piñata? These sparkly, metallic ones are almost too pretty to destroy! (via Brooklyn Bride)
8. Neon Pink, Navy Blue and Yellow Triangle Garland ($12): These strands are super simple, but add lively pops of color to any party. You could easily even make this yourself with construction paper and string.
9. Geometric Favor Boxes: Who wouldn’t want to take home a party favor in this adorable little box? They can also be used as table decor or place cards marked with each guest’s name. (via Ruffled)
10. Geometric Party Bags: A more simple option for party favors, these embossed party bags feature a cool architectural stamp and can be filled with all sorts of goodies. (via Paper + Stitch)
10. Geometric Ice Cream Cups ($8): Bust these babies out at your next BBQ and enjoy as instructed!
11. Geometric Party Installation: Beautiful and elegant, yet so simple to create. Make a big impact by hanging this above a table to create a chandelier effect. (via Oh Happy Day)
12. Gem Escort Card Holders: Greet your guests in style with these snazzy geometric place card holders. And if you’re loving gold as much as we are right now, you can’t go wrong. (via Ruffled)
13. Geometric Paper Backdrop: This gorgeous and vibrant backdrop will make any plain old wall look like it just exploded with gems! (via Green Wedding Shoes)
14. Folded Origami Decoration: Fold your way to a bright and multi-dimensional party garland. Add some string lights to make things even brighter. (via Minieco)
15. Geometric Coasters: These honeycomb coasters are both pretty and functional. Customize them to match the rest of your theme using different shapes and colors. (via Ciera Design)
15. Washi Tape Wall: Take your party to a whole new level and add some temporary decor to your walls or doors like we did at our Brit + Co headquarters. And honestly, who doesn’t love some washi tape? (via Brit + Co)
16. Easy Geometric Cake Toppers: If cake decoration isn’t your thing, have no fear! You can still work the geometric theme into your desserts by popping on these cake toppers. (via Minted)
17. Mini Geometrics Party Tableware ($7): From the mini geometric shapes to the scalloped edges, this tableware is all kinds of cute! Perfect for serving up cupcakes and other desserts at your next girly soiree.
18. Shapes Garland: This paper display is so easy to make that the hardest part is going to be choosing which colors to use. It’s ideal for a fun photo booth background. (via Design Love Fest)
19. Romantic Table Runner: For your next Valentine’s, engagement or wedding party, make yourself this geometric printed table runner in gemstone shades with pops of gold. (via 100 Layer Cake)
20. Kaleido Trays ($16 and up): These trays are EVERYTHING! Mix and match different shapes and colors to create a unique arrangement every time.
21. Mini Geometric Scallop Bunting ($30): The tiniest bit of shapes can still make a huge impact, like with this mini scalloped garland. The gold clay gives it a subdued, earthy look and there are plenty more colors to choose from!
22. Gemstone Wedding Invites: This invite manages to expertly walk the line between elegant and playful, with touches of gold enhancing the gemstone effect. (via Ruffled)
23. Geometric Ornament Templates ($25): These versatile ornaments don’t need to be confined to just your Christmas tree.
24. DIY Geometric Table Runner: This table runner is insanely creative and like a beautiful piece of art! We guarantee it will be all your guests can talk about. (via Ruffled)
25. Geometric Triangular Party Printable ($20): Make your party prep a whole lot easier with this set of customizable printables. It includes everything you need, from food labels and cupcake wrappers to stemware tags and menus.
Will you be throwing a geometric party? Which of these ideas are you dying to try out?Comment away!