Add Flirty Flair to Every Spring Outfit With These 22 Scalloped Styles
As we’re updating our basics every spring, which is THE best part about spring cleaning btw, we definitely go out of the way to indulge our girly side by caving in to all of the season’s loveliest trends. This year, the prettiest of them all has to be the scalloped edge. The curvy hemline instantly elevates wardrobe staples into high-vis pieces that are so distinctly feminine, and we just can’t get enough of the charming look! From springy scalloped tunics to scalloped hemmed shorts — our favorite! — check out these 22 ways to add this flirty trend to every spring outfit.
1. James Lakeland Scalloped Edge Dress ($210): Tiers of soft scalloped edges and hard asymmetrical hemlines create an eye-catching graphic on this royal blue shift dress. Complement the look with a pair of standout statement earrings.
2. Merino Baseball Sweater in Scallop Intarsia ($90): How clever! A sporty baseball jersey gets a ladylike makeover with scalloped contrast sleeves. It’s a chic piece to have on weekend rotation.
3. J.Crew Collection Wool-Silk Scalloped Pant ($298): Look closely: Scalloped edging takes the place of pinstripes on the sides of these luxe wool trousers, and we totally approve. Plus, they’re styled perfectly paired with patterned pumps.
4. Scalloped Brink Pencil Skirt ($78): Finally — a pencil skirt that doesn’t look like we’ve just stepped out of the conference room! Scalloped front pockets add even greater definition to the already flattering silhouette.
5. Kate Spade New York Whitley Top ($248): This ain’t your grandmother’s lace top! Punchy daisy petals give a quirky feel to this exquisitely hemmed sheath.
6. Scalloped Vegan Leather Jacket ($188): If you thought that all moto jackets looked too macho, then this vegan leather number will have you floored. A scalloped front zip makes this the chicest biker-style jacket EVER.
7. Scallop Tunic Dress ($50): Everything about this scallop pattern dress is easygoing, from the button neckline to the actually-wearable-in-the-real-world drop waist. It’s the ultimate spring day dress.
8. ASOS Blazer With Scallop Hem ($66): The power suit just got a whole lot prettier thanks to this scalloped-hem blazer. We’d wear this candy-colored cover up to the office any weekday.
9. Ladder Stripe Shift Dress With Scalloped Hem ($129): We’re obsessed with the mondo scalloped edge on this shift dress (and yeah, that tribal-inspired pattern is pretty boss, too!). It’s the perfect way to pair the flirty hem with a bold pattern and have neither feel out of place.
10. Scallop Hem Texture Teein Black orWhite ($68): Everyone from Anne Hathaway to Mindy Kaling is looking fierce in crop tops this spring and THIS is an easy way to get in on the trend. The scallop hem adds a few extra inches of coverage to this structured crop, making it a go-to for beginner midriff bearers.
11. Frock and Frill Pleated Skater Dress With Scallop Embellishment ($226): How can you make a flowy white dress even more ethereal? Add silver scalloped embellishments to the bodice. The matching neckline and silver beaded belt make this garment extra dreamy.
12. Oasis Lace Scallop Tee ($42): We’re loving the mix of casual jersey and scalloped lace on this bold blue top. Dress it up with a girly fit-and-flare skirt or keep it casual with a pair of boyfriend jeans and a pair of springy sneakers.
13. Oasis Soft Scallop Hem Shorts ($33): It’s insane how much a scalloped edge can elevate a pair of shorts (oh, they’re fancy now!). This nude pair is getting an extra boost from the contrast waistband and back pockets. Rock ‘em with heels and a silky kimono on your next night out with the girls.
14. Kate Spade New York Scalloped Hem Jackie Bottom Pant ($248): Channel your inner Audrey with these ultra elegant scalloped capris. We’re officially calling this pair a must-have basic: You could just live in them all spring and summer long.
15. Levi’s Sleeveless Top With Scalloped Edge ($73): We’re totally taken with this playful twist on a typical chambray tank. The scalloped edge curves up to the neckline, creating a breezy open back that any woman can rock at any age.
16. Chloe Scalloped One Piece Swimsuit ($189): Swimsuits are back this season, and THIS gorgeous one piece is the one to wear. That scalloped bandeau neckline. The contrast belt. That jaw-dropping shade of pink! What’s not to love about this vintage-inspired masterpiece?
18. Costa Blanca Scalloped Shorts ($79): These shorts prove that two scalloped edges are way, WAY better than one! Front pleating gives these dusty blue shorts a relaxed feel — style it out with a sweater for a casual cool look.
19. Season’s Festivities Sweater ($20): This lightweight coral sweater is a killer spring layer. With its wavy scalloped hem, you can rest easy knowing you’re staying on trend while you’re keeping cozy.
20. Caroline Ponte Shift Dress ($118): This bright orange shift dress might be the most versatile scalloped piece on our list. Transition from day to night in a pinch, PLUS it’s no-brainer resort wear in that tropical tone.
21. Mint Bonbon Scalloped Shorts ($39): Contrast scallop trim adds the sweetest detail to these belted shorts. Make this pair a part of your go-to spring get up along with a chiffon blouse and sleek slip-ons.
22. Frosted Tank ($48): From the front, a simple, yet stunning tank. From the back, a breezy statement top that’s nothing less than heavenly. We love.
What scalloped pieces are your favorite? How do you incorporate this flirty trend into your favorite spring looks? Where do you shop for your favorite seasonal trends? Tell us in the comments below.