How to Host the Perfect Bonfire Party
Whether you’re headed to the beach or out the back door, hosting a bonfire party can turn a summer evening into a memorable occasion. Consider the following: No house to clean, minimal set-up and easy food prep. It all adds up to a relaxing evening with friends. Head outdoors, sit on a log, build a s’more and hang out with your pals near a blazing bonfire with these tips on how to do it right.
1. S’mores Invitations: No one looks forward to a mailbox full of advertisements and bills. Invite guests snail-mail style with an invitation that says it all. These DIY s’mores kits are sure to spark a festive greeting. (via Bright Settings)
2. Fire Pit ($998): When building a fire, always think safety first. If you have a fire pit, use it! If you are hosting your bonfire in an offbeat setting, like the woods or beach, be sure to clear an area and DIY a fire bed or ring.
4. Firewood Tote: Show off your sewing skills, not to mention your good taste in fabric by whip-stitching a few of these log totes. Not only do they add charm to your party but those on woodpile duty will surely appreciate your crafty-ness. (via Whip Up)
10. S’moretini: If you’ll be DIYing coasters, you might as well have something to set on them, right? Whip up this creative take on a campfire classic that leaves a ridiculously sweet taste on your lips. (via Brit + Co.)
12. Telescoping Skewer: While you could fashion guests a skewer from nature by sharpening a stick, if you’re short on time and a pocket knife, pass around these telescoping skewers for guests to roast a dog or mallow on. (via Williams Sonoma)
13. Retro Style Picnic Cooler ($58): Keep drinks and food stylishly cold with a retro ice chest.
14. Green Chili Cheese Fries: Warming comfort food — cooked in a tin foil package, it’s never a bad idea. Have ingredients set out for each guest to create their own chili cheese fry foil combo. (via Buried Carrots)
15. Roasted Hot Dogs: A bonfire isn’t complete without a hot dog, slowly roasted over an open flame. Make those dogs really sizzle by offering a myriad of toppings for guests so they can dress them up to suit their taste. (via Examiner)
18. Coleman Campfire Tales App (Free): What’s a party without a little entertainment? Make guests huddle a little closer together and perhaps shudder with a very, scary story. Select the perfect story from this app… creepy sounds included!
Burning to share your hot bonfire tips? Fire it up in the comment below.