13 Glitter Beauty Products That Aren’t Tacky
In case you haven’t noticed, glittery hair and makeup have been making a major comeback in the beauty world as of late. Even Sofia Vergara wore body glitter at the Oscars this year. We’re not talking about the sparkly stuff of decades past, which could sometimes leave wearers looking like a disco ball. No, today’s glitter trend is more sophisticated, adding a more subtle radiance to your beauty routine. From bedazzled makeup to body lotions with a bit of a twinkle, these products will give you a healthy glow without going full Twilight. Brush up on the glitter makeup 101 basics, and scroll on for 13 products that will add some shine to your routine in the most modern way possible.
1. NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna ($39): Achieving a sun-kissed glow has never been easier than with this cult-favorite powder bronzer. The universally flattering shade is accented with a golden shimmer, giving your skin some major summer vibes.
2. Kjaer Weis Radiance Highlighter ($56): Whether you’re looking to strobe or just want a touch of highlight, this creamy formula has got you covered. Flecks of pearlescent glitter catch the light for face-flattering accents wherever you want them.
3. Axiology Lipstick in The Goodness ($28): Hellooo, ’90s! This frosty blush pink hue looks like it’s straight out of a Britney Spears music video, but the color is very much back in style. The shade adds a bit of pigment to your pout, but it’s the added silvery glitter that gives your lips that sought-after luminosity.
4. May Lindstrom The Good Stuff ($110): This hydrating oil can be used for both your body and hair, offering a luxurious burst of moisture while also giving you that hot-right-now shine, thanks to the golden flecks used in the formula. The gorgeous packaging doesn’t hurt either.
5. L’Oréal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte ($8): For those days when you’re not looking to wear a particularly bold eye, try this sparkly shade of Champagne. The pink-ish hue is a minimalist’s dream, and the added shimmer adds that coveted definition to your eyes.
6. Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Polish in Glinda ($18): Okay, so technically, sparkly nail polish has never gone out of style. But we’re particularly in love with this silver polish, which will become your new go-to for adding a chic edge to any ensemble.
7. Captain Blankenship Golden Waves Mermaid Sea Salt Hair Spray ($28): We hear you — the idea of sparkly hair brings back some serious middle school flashbacks. Luckily, this all-natural spray has a few tricks up its sleeve. Not only is this a sea salt spray, but it adds a subtle golden shimmer to your tousled locks for some major mermaid appeal.
8. RMS Beauty Master Mixer ($38): If your philosophy is “all rose gold, all the time,” this multi-tasking gem is absolutely for you. Primarily used as a highlighter, this formula employs an extra dose o’ rosy glitter to really amp up the luminosity. Wear it alone as a highlighter, or mix and match it with lip and eye products to make it all your own.
9. Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer Blush in Freja ($20): No matter what season it is, nothing gives your complexion an instant glow like a really fabulous blush. This particular pick is a pretty shade of peach with some subtle gold flecks for extra radiance. Wear it alone for no-makeup makeup days, or with a full face on for a stunning night-out look.
10. Prtty Peaushun Skin Tightening Body Lotion ($29): This tinted body lotion truly does it all. Not only is it chock full of natural ingredients that tighten your skin, but the formula’s also full of light-reflecting-particles that give your skin a lit-from-within glow. One thing’s for sure — this is a far cry from the body glitter of our childhood.
11. Vapour Organic Beauty Mesmerize Eye Color Radiant in Dusk ($22): Gals with dry skin will love the hydrating properties of this cream eye shadow. The stick blends easily across your lid, and this particular shade is infused with a subtle shimmer that gives your eyes red carpet-worthy shine.
12. Mahalo Skincare Vacation Glow ($95): Don’t we all want to look like we just got back from vacation? This natural radiance oil will give your bod and your mane that beach-babe golden shimmer. It’s like a beach getaway in a bottle.
13. Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Amethyst Aphrodisiac ($27): These color sticks from the master of beauty herself, Charlotte Tilbury, really do it all. Not only can they be spread all over your lids for a gilded shadow, but they can also be used around the eye to really make those peepers pop.
Follow us on Pinterest for more drop dead gorgeous beauty inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)