13 Glitter Beauty Products That Aren’t Tacky
In case you haven’t noticed, glittery hair and makeup have been making a major comeback in the beauty world as of late. Even Sofia Vergara wore body glitter at the Oscars this year. We’re not talking about the sparkly stuff of decades past, which could sometimes leave wearers looking like a disco ball. No, today’s glitter trend is more sophisticated, adding a more subtle radiance to your beauty routine. From bedazzled makeup to body lotions with a bit of a twinkle, these products will give you a healthy glow without going full Twilight. Brush up on the glitter makeup 101 basics, and scroll on for 13 products that will add some shine to your routine in the most modern way possible.
1. NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna ($39): Achieving a sun-kissed glow has never been easier than with this cult-favorite powder bronzer. The universally flattering shade is accented with a golden shimmer, giving your skin some major summer vibes.
2. Kjaer Weis Radiance Highlighter ($56): Whether you’re looking to strobe or just want a touch of highlight, this creamy formula has got you covered. Flecks of pearlescent glitter catch the light for face-flattering accents wherever you want them.
3. Axiology Lipstick in The Goodness ($28): Hellooo, ’90s! This frosty blush pink hue looks like it’s straight out of a Britney Spears music video, but the color is very much back in style. The shade adds a bit of pigment to your pout, but it’s the added silvery glitter that gives your lips that sought-after luminosity.
4. May Lindstrom The Good Stuff ($110): This hydrating oil can be used for both your body and hair, offering a luxurious burst of moisture while also giving you that hot-right-now shine, thanks to the golden flecks used in the formula. The gorgeous packaging doesn’t hurt either.
5. L’Oréal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte ($8): For those days when you’re not looking to wear a particularly bold eye, try this sparkly shade of Champagne. The pink-ish hue is a minimalist’s dream, and the added shimmer adds that coveted definition to your eyes.
6. Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Polish in Glinda ($18): Okay, so technically, sparkly nail polish has never gone out of style. But we’re particularly in love with this silver polish, which will become your new go-to for adding a chic edge to any ensemble.
7. Captain Blankenship Golden Waves Mermaid Sea Salt Hair Spray ($28): We hear you — the idea of sparkly hair brings back some serious middle school flashbacks. Luckily, this all-natural spray has a few tricks up its sleeve. Not only is this a sea salt spray, but it adds a subtle golden shimmer to your tousled locks for some major mermaid appeal.
8. RMS Beauty Master Mixer ($38): If your philosophy is “all rose gold, all the time,” this multi-tasking gem is absolutely for you. Primarily used as a highlighter, this formula employs an extra dose o’ rosy glitter to really amp up the luminosity. Wear it alone as a highlighter, or mix and match it with lip and eye products to make it all your own.
9. Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer Blush in Freja ($20): No matter what season it is, nothing gives your complexion an instant glow like a really fabulous blush. This particular pick is a pretty shade of peach with some subtle gold flecks for extra radiance. Wear it alone for no-makeup makeup days, or with a full face on for a stunning night-out look.
10. Prtty Peaushun Skin Tightening Body Lotion ($29): This tinted body lotion truly does it all. Not only is it chock full of natural ingredients that tighten your skin, but the formula’s also full of light-reflecting-particles that give your skin a lit-from-within glow. One thing’s for sure — this is a far cry from the body glitter of our childhood.
11. Vapour Organic Beauty Mesmerize Eye Color Radiant in Dusk ($22): Gals with dry skin will love the hydrating properties of this cream eye shadow. The stick blends easily across your lid, and this particular shade is infused with a subtle shimmer that gives your eyes red carpet-worthy shine.
12. Mahalo Skincare Vacation Glow ($95): Don’t we all want to look like we just got back from vacation? This natural radiance oil will give your bod and your mane that beach-babe golden shimmer. It’s like a beach getaway in a bottle.
13. Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Amethyst Aphrodisiac ($27): These color sticks from the master of beauty herself, Charlotte Tilbury, really do it all. Not only can they be spread all over your lids for a gilded shadow, but they can also be used around the eye to really make those peepers pop.
Follow us on Pinterest for more drop dead gorgeous beauty inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!