13 Glitter Beauty Products That Aren’t Tacky
In case you haven’t noticed, glittery hair and makeup have been making a major comeback in the beauty world as of late. Even Sofia Vergara wore body glitter at the Oscars this year. We’re not talking about the sparkly stuff of decades past, which could sometimes leave wearers looking like a disco ball. No, today’s glitter trend is more sophisticated, adding a more subtle radiance to your beauty routine. From bedazzled makeup to body lotions with a bit of a twinkle, these products will give you a healthy glow without going full Twilight. Brush up on the glitter makeup 101 basics, and scroll on for 13 products that will add some shine to your routine in the most modern way possible.
1. NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna ($39): Achieving a sun-kissed glow has never been easier than with this cult-favorite powder bronzer. The universally flattering shade is accented with a golden shimmer, giving your skin some major summer vibes.
2. Kjaer Weis Radiance Highlighter ($56): Whether you’re looking to strobe or just want a touch of highlight, this creamy formula has got you covered. Flecks of pearlescent glitter catch the light for face-flattering accents wherever you want them.
3. Axiology Lipstick in The Goodness ($28): Hellooo, ’90s! This frosty blush pink hue looks like it’s straight out of a Britney Spears music video, but the color is very much back in style. The shade adds a bit of pigment to your pout, but it’s the added silvery glitter that gives your lips that sought-after luminosity.
4. May Lindstrom The Good Stuff ($110): This hydrating oil can be used for both your body and hair, offering a luxurious burst of moisture while also giving you that hot-right-now shine, thanks to the golden flecks used in the formula. The gorgeous packaging doesn’t hurt either.
5. L’Oréal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte ($8): For those days when you’re not looking to wear a particularly bold eye, try this sparkly shade of Champagne. The pink-ish hue is a minimalist’s dream, and the added shimmer adds that coveted definition to your eyes.
6. Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Polish in Glinda ($18): Okay, so technically, sparkly nail polish has never gone out of style. But we’re particularly in love with this silver polish, which will become your new go-to for adding a chic edge to any ensemble.
7. Captain Blankenship Golden Waves Mermaid Sea Salt Hair Spray ($28): We hear you — the idea of sparkly hair brings back some serious middle school flashbacks. Luckily, this all-natural spray has a few tricks up its sleeve. Not only is this a sea salt spray, but it adds a subtle golden shimmer to your tousled locks for some major mermaid appeal.
8. RMS Beauty Master Mixer ($38): If your philosophy is “all rose gold, all the time,” this multi-tasking gem is absolutely for you. Primarily used as a highlighter, this formula employs an extra dose o’ rosy glitter to really amp up the luminosity. Wear it alone as a highlighter, or mix and match it with lip and eye products to make it all your own.
9. Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer Blush in Freja ($20): No matter what season it is, nothing gives your complexion an instant glow like a really fabulous blush. This particular pick is a pretty shade of peach with some subtle gold flecks for extra radiance. Wear it alone for no-makeup makeup days, or with a full face on for a stunning night-out look.
10. Prtty Peaushun Skin Tightening Body Lotion ($29): This tinted body lotion truly does it all. Not only is it chock full of natural ingredients that tighten your skin, but the formula’s also full of light-reflecting-particles that give your skin a lit-from-within glow. One thing’s for sure — this is a far cry from the body glitter of our childhood.
11. Vapour Organic Beauty Mesmerize Eye Color Radiant in Dusk ($22): Gals with dry skin will love the hydrating properties of this cream eye shadow. The stick blends easily across your lid, and this particular shade is infused with a subtle shimmer that gives your eyes red carpet-worthy shine.
12. Mahalo Skincare Vacation Glow ($95): Don’t we all want to look like we just got back from vacation? This natural radiance oil will give your bod and your mane that beach-babe golden shimmer. It’s like a beach getaway in a bottle.
13. Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Amethyst Aphrodisiac ($27): These color sticks from the master of beauty herself, Charlotte Tilbury, really do it all. Not only can they be spread all over your lids for a gilded shadow, but they can also be used around the eye to really make those peepers pop.
Follow us on Pinterest for more drop dead gorgeous beauty inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.