13 Glitter Beauty Products That Aren’t Tacky
In case you haven’t noticed, glittery hair and makeup have been making a major comeback in the beauty world as of late. Even Sofia Vergara wore body glitter at the Oscars this year. We’re not talking about the sparkly stuff of decades past, which could sometimes leave wearers looking like a disco ball. No, today’s glitter trend is more sophisticated, adding a more subtle radiance to your beauty routine. From bedazzled makeup to body lotions with a bit of a twinkle, these products will give you a healthy glow without going full Twilight. Brush up on the glitter makeup 101 basics, and scroll on for 13 products that will add some shine to your routine in the most modern way possible.
1. NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna ($39): Achieving a sun-kissed glow has never been easier than with this cult-favorite powder bronzer. The universally flattering shade is accented with a golden shimmer, giving your skin some major summer vibes.
2. Kjaer Weis Radiance Highlighter ($56): Whether you’re looking to strobe or just want a touch of highlight, this creamy formula has got you covered. Flecks of pearlescent glitter catch the light for face-flattering accents wherever you want them.
3. Axiology Lipstick in The Goodness ($28): Hellooo, ’90s! This frosty blush pink hue looks like it’s straight out of a Britney Spears music video, but the color is very much back in style. The shade adds a bit of pigment to your pout, but it’s the added silvery glitter that gives your lips that sought-after luminosity.
4. May Lindstrom The Good Stuff ($110): This hydrating oil can be used for both your body and hair, offering a luxurious burst of moisture while also giving you that hot-right-now shine, thanks to the golden flecks used in the formula. The gorgeous packaging doesn’t hurt either.
5. L’Oréal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte ($8): For those days when you’re not looking to wear a particularly bold eye, try this sparkly shade of Champagne. The pink-ish hue is a minimalist’s dream, and the added shimmer adds that coveted definition to your eyes.
6. Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Polish in Glinda ($18): Okay, so technically, sparkly nail polish has never gone out of style. But we’re particularly in love with this silver polish, which will become your new go-to for adding a chic edge to any ensemble.
7. Captain Blankenship Golden Waves Mermaid Sea Salt Hair Spray ($28): We hear you — the idea of sparkly hair brings back some serious middle school flashbacks. Luckily, this all-natural spray has a few tricks up its sleeve. Not only is this a sea salt spray, but it adds a subtle golden shimmer to your tousled locks for some major mermaid appeal.
8. RMS Beauty Master Mixer ($38): If your philosophy is “all rose gold, all the time,” this multi-tasking gem is absolutely for you. Primarily used as a highlighter, this formula employs an extra dose o’ rosy glitter to really amp up the luminosity. Wear it alone as a highlighter, or mix and match it with lip and eye products to make it all your own.
9. Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer Blush in Freja ($20): No matter what season it is, nothing gives your complexion an instant glow like a really fabulous blush. This particular pick is a pretty shade of peach with some subtle gold flecks for extra radiance. Wear it alone for no-makeup makeup days, or with a full face on for a stunning night-out look.
10. Prtty Peaushun Skin Tightening Body Lotion ($29): This tinted body lotion truly does it all. Not only is it chock full of natural ingredients that tighten your skin, but the formula’s also full of light-reflecting-particles that give your skin a lit-from-within glow. One thing’s for sure — this is a far cry from the body glitter of our childhood.
11. Vapour Organic Beauty Mesmerize Eye Color Radiant in Dusk ($22): Gals with dry skin will love the hydrating properties of this cream eye shadow. The stick blends easily across your lid, and this particular shade is infused with a subtle shimmer that gives your eyes red carpet-worthy shine.
12. Mahalo Skincare Vacation Glow ($95): Don’t we all want to look like we just got back from vacation? This natural radiance oil will give your bod and your mane that beach-babe golden shimmer. It’s like a beach getaway in a bottle.
13. Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Amethyst Aphrodisiac ($27): These color sticks from the master of beauty herself, Charlotte Tilbury, really do it all. Not only can they be spread all over your lids for a gilded shadow, but they can also be used around the eye to really make those peepers pop.
Follow us on Pinterest for more drop dead gorgeous beauty inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.