As the dog days of summer slowly come to an end (cue sad emoji), the arrival of fall inches ever closer. With September issues hitting newsstands everywhere, it won’t be long before everyone is sporting the season’s upcoming trends. Whether you still have one foot left in summer or you’re fully ready to take the plunge into comfy-cozy knitwear, we’ve got the ultimate wardrobe staple for you: the A-line skirt. Say hello to these 15 mod A-line skirts that will give you a reason to yearn for the crisp + cool days of autumn.
1. A-Line Linen Mini Skirt ($36): Whether you’re heading back to school or not, a polished schoolgirl look never gets old. Rack up an A+ in style by pairing this minty fresh mini with a collared shirt, satchel bag and Mary Janes.
2. A-Line Skirt in Metallic Mermaid ($51): For a super-fly look, don’t hesitate to style this metallic mini with retro flatforms or sky-high platforms. The mermaid-esque appeal is undeniable.
3. Laurene Scuba Skirt ($16): While it may no longer be scuba diving season, the scuba skirt is here to stay. This one in a vibrant magenta hue is as swingy and effortless as they come. (Read: We WANT it)
4. ASOS x Jackie Print Skirt in Love Print ($69): Proof that fall fashion can amount to more than just itchy sweaters and muted autumnal color palettes, this heart-tastic skirt speaks volumes. Invest in the entire matching set or have fun mixing + matching it with all of your neutrals this season.
5. Fringed Faux Suede Skirt ($23): Fringe for fall? We like the sound of that. Go sans tights before you officially have to and then add tights and ankle booties into the equation. Top off your look with a wide brim hat or blanket scarf, and there’s no going wrong.
6. Clifton Skirt ($138): Oh, this old thing? Despite the fact that Marcia Brady probably would have worn it in the ’70s, we’re digging the effortless wrap style. Talk about easy stylin’ on the fly.
7. Suede Skirt ($104): This ’70s-inspired skirt just screams fall fashion. Pair it with ankle booties and a loose top for the perfect autumn #ootd.
8. Lining Up Skirt ($298): Now here’s a fabric that we haven’t seen in a while. Cords (or shall we say corduroys) are back and better than ever. This vintage corduroy striped print pays homage to a decade that we once deemed so outta here.
9. McGuire Columbier Skirt ($199): Nope, denim button-front skirts won’t be going away anytime soon. Proceed to channel your inner Alexa Chung by pairing this high-waisted number with a blouse and simple flats for an off-duty look.
10. Hallows Skirt ($65): Found it. We spy, with our sartorial eye, the quintessential wool herringbone skirt for fall. Get this: It even has pockets. #Swoon. Bring on the ankle booties and cream-colored fisherman sweaters, please.
11. Maddox Skirt ($138): It’s official, Reformation just gets us. No matter the season, we’re always down for a cool, rock ‘n’ roll-inspired look. From its super short length to the scallop edge and perfectly placed buttons, it’s safe to say that this skirt is about to come home with us.
12. Stripe Rib Knit A-Line Skirt ($51): Keep it real with this striped knit skirt that can be dressed up or down with a quick switcheroo. Go the casual route by pairing it with your standby denim jacket or get ready to hit the town with a sharp blazer.
13. Amber Pocket A-Line Skirt ($59): Just as sundresses are synonymous with summer, plaid is the epitome of fall. Live on the edge this season by ditching your traditional wool plaid skirt for a simple A-line silhouette like this one.
14. Plaid Side-Pocket Skirt ($250): Going hand-in-hand with pumpkin spice lattes, this wool windowpane skirt is quite possibly the only thing that can turn a chilly morning upside down. Major bonus: It can be styled to perfection with a chunky knit sweater and sleek riding boots.
15. White Denim A-Line Button-Front Skirt ($47): One more button-front skirt? Oh yeah. It looks like all of our striped shirts and oversized knits will be having a worthy companion come fall.
Will you be investing in a mod A-line skirt for fall? Let us know in the comments below!