11 Things to DIY from Urban Outfitter’s Spring 2017 Decor Collection
If you’ve been lusting after all the latest Spring 2017 home collections, you’ve likely seen Urban Outfitters’ super fun new additions. Their decor section is chock-full of fab items that make you want to splurge on throw pillows, update your indoor garden and start stocking up on pretty organization pieces that’ll put a jump-start on spring cleaning mode. With the DIY projects below, you’ll get the same chic UO style you know and love, but have more money to spend on the those sleek new Threshold finds from Target or trendy picks from the rad IKEA PS 2017 collection. Hack on, friends!
1. DIY Floating Glitter Tumbler: We all know we should be drinking more water, and maybe adding some glitter into the equation will motivate you to drink up. Hack UO’s Glitter Sipper ($12) with this glitter-ful DIY that’s almost too pretty to put down. (via Studio DIY)
2. DIY Knot Pillows: Instead of buying a new set of UO’s Cozy Knot Pillows ($49), follow this tutorial to make your own uber cool knots. The trick? Perfecting your own stuffed “noodles” to get the perfectly round material. (via Little Inspiration)
3. DIY Mirrored Glass Tray: UO’s Blush Glass Catch-All Tray ($20) is definitely an eye-catching piece, but it’s *so* easy to DIY one of your own. With some inexpensive hexagon plates and sheet of copper mylar paper, you could make a whole vignette and still come in under budget. (via Homey Oh My)
5. DIY Gold Drum Table: It’s super easy to get the look of UO’s Elle Side Table ($89) with some inexpensive planters and bowls — think IKEA or your favorite thrift store. You’ll love how the rounded shape makes it just the right size to slip into those hard-to-decorate spaces. Plus, the gold metallic shine makes the whole thing look extra luxe. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Plexiglass Framed Leaf: After a holiday season packed with happy memories, it’s time to get some of those photos off your phone and into your home. Make a copy of UO’s Acrylic Shape Frame ($18) with this DIY plexiglass stand. If the raw wood base isn’t your thing, you could totally paint it bright neon or cover it in gold leaf. (via eHow)
7. DIY Wood Earring Board: You can never have too many ways to show off your bling, and a mini board is perfect for keeping each pair neatly organized. Take a Scandi approach to UO’s Aila Earring Organizer ($19) using a mini easel, a piece of plywood and a teeny tiny drill. It’ll take some patience to drill all those holes, but overall it’s a total breeze to make. (via Club Crafted)
8. DIY Kitty Planter: Usher in the greenery with an adorable planter that stylishly mimics Urban Outfitters’ Kitty Bud Vase ($12). Paint plastic bottles (yes, really), draw the little whiskers and arrange two or three of these friendly faces on your desk to amp up your productivity. (via Bru DIY)
9. DIY Cement Letter Photo Holder: The concrete trend isn’t going anywhere. Hack UO’s Concrete Instax Frame ($12) with concrete molds and a pop of color, and keep your #shelfie game on point this spring. Spell out a cheeky greeting like YAY or OMG, or just keep things simple with square concrete bases. (via I Spy DIY)
11. DIY Conversation Heart Piñata: Who says heart decor is only for Valentine’s Day? Bring a little romance into your decor with a quick and easy hack. Use colored felt to get that soft and cuddly vibe or use metallic foil to copy UO’s Mini Heart Piñata ($12). (via Brit + Co)
Are you ready to hack your way to spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more hacks and decor inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.