All the Best Hair and Makeup from the 2015 VMAs
The red carpet provides endless inspiration when it comes to hair and makeup, and the VMAs are no exception. Unlike some of the more formal awards shows that come later in the year (we’re looking at you, Golden Globes and Oscars), MTV’s VMAs provide endless beauty ideas that are super fun, young and fresh. We’re talking colorful looks, soft beach waves and nude lips that you can rock all day, every day. Scroll on for some of our favorite looks from this year’s show.
1. Kelly Osbourne: No red carpet event is complete without at least one saucy red lip, and Kelly Osbourne didn’t disappoint. She rocked a bright, classic shade of the iconic color, then wowed us with electric yellow eye makeup. It’s not a look that’s easily pulled off, and we love that The View host went with something a little unexpected. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
2. Arielle Vandenberg: Hello, gorgeous. The 28-year-old actress went fresh-faced for this year’s awards, with rosy cheeks, nude lips and lightly lined eyes. Accented with well-moisturized skin and a little blush, she’s practically glowing. And can we talk about that amazing voluminous, laissez-faire hairstyle? Swoon. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
3. Liz Hernandez: Swept to the side with loose, beachy waves, Hernandez’s ‘do was all-out understated glam. This gorgeous style is effortless and easy to pull off — all you need are a few hair pins, a fab salt spray and a little volumizing spray for some bounce. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
4. Taylor Swift: The “Bad Blood” singer channeled some serious don’t-mess vibes with a bold cat eye in a midnight blue hue. We’re saving this one for an epic night out. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
5. Zuri Hall: From a gorgeous summer glow to a pretty pink pout and subtle cat eye, there is so much here to love. Our favorite part? Those striking brows. To really make those peepers pop, do like Zuri and shape your brows, then fill in lightly with powder and pencil. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
6. Tori Kelly: With locks like these, you just have to show ’em off, and Tori Kelly totally gets that. The “Should’ve Been Us” singer let her voluminous waves do their thing, putting out some cool, rocker-chic vibes. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
7. Selena Gomez: Selena Gomez knows that when you’ve got a good thing going, why mess with it? She stepped out in her signature look, glam, old Hollywood waves and a subtle smoky eye. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
8. Gigi Hadid: TSwift’s crew was out in force and looking fly. Model Gigi Hadid had a serious ’70s thing going on with bronzed skin and a golden yellow gown, but what we were really diggin’ was that sleek yet soft down hairstyle. It’s a fresh take on that whole slicked-back style. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
9. Kat Graham: Actress Kat Graham combined two of our favorite beauty tricks — the exaggerated cat eye and bronze smokey eye — into one incredibly on-point look. The earthy brown hues really make her green eyes pop. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
10. Vanessa Hudgens: Between the long, romantic waves, face-framing braid and delicate, floral accents, the Gimme Shelter actress had a Grecian-goddess thing going on, and we have to admit — we couldn’t get enough of it. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
11. Serayah: This year’s Teen Choice Awards were packed with pretty nude lips, and we were pumped to see the trend carry over to the VMA’s red carpet. Serayah owned the understated style, choosing a warm honey shade that complemented her glowing, sun-kissed skin. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
12. Karlie Kloss: The best part about the VMAs is that this laid-back awards show puts out more easily attainable looks. Karlie Kloss’s down-to-earth style — a light pink lip, lightly blushed cheeks and ever-so-lightly lined eyes — really make her look #flawless. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
What was your favorite look of the night? Tell us about in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)