Summertime, and you know what they say about the living being oh-so-easy. Your hair should be easy, too! The best thing about summer hairstyles is that somehow the more messy and undone the finished look is, the better. Can’t really beat that, can you? Here are three super easy, super fresh updos to add to the mix this summer.
Now, can someone mix me up a refreshing summer cocktail? ;)
1. Start off by separating your hair on one side, a little behind your ear.
2. Use a clip to hold the front section in place and out of your way.
3. Do the same thing on the other side.
4. Now, working with the back section, split it into two sections (it is okay if it is not perfectly even) and twist each section.
5. Join the two twists together and secure in place with an elastic.
6. Remove the clip from one of the sections in the front.
7. Twist the front section until you get to the ends.
8. Cross the twisted front section over the back ponytail and then secure the end of the twisted hair with a bobby pin into the previously twisted section.
9. Repeat the same steps for the other side.
10. Back comb the hair that is in the original ponytail to create a messy, fuller look.
11. Pull out some random pieces in the front to keep the look more playful and undone.
We love this take on the low pony.
1. Pick up a small section of hair from the front and twist it in the direction away from your face.
2. Using a fine toothed comb, backcomb gently to create a messy curl that will stay in place.
3. Do this all throughout your hair on both sides of your head remembering to twist away from your face.
4. Gently pull your hair back in a low pony trying not to pull out the shape you just back combed in.
5. Twist the hair around until it is in a secure place to pin.
6. Using bobby pins that match your hair color, pin the twisted hair into place. Don’t worry about a few stray hairs — they add to the tousled look.
7. Repeat the same steps on the other side of your head. Done!
Va va voom!
1. Pick up a small section of hair from one side of your head leaving out some of your bangs or front section of your hair.
2. Braid that section and use a bobby pin to hold in place. You can set this braid aside for now.
3. Backcomb the back section of your hair to create volume.
4. Place another small braid on the same side.
5. Repeat the same thing on the other side of your head.
6. Pin the braid towards the back of your head in the lower back section of your head.
7. Pick up another small section of hair and this time twist it back and then pin it as well.
8. Pull all the hair from that side into a low pony in the back of your head, twist it up and secure it with a few bobby pins.
9. Now, pull the original braid you placed in the front section back and pin it in place.
10. Repeat these steps on the opposite side of you head.
11. For all those stray hairs that fell out and the section of hair you left out in the front, use a ½-inch curling iron to place tiny random curls for a contrasting texture.
12. Use your fingers to pull some of the curls a little looser for an even more textured look.
What are your go-to summer hairstyles? Talk to us in the comments below.