And the Winners of the 2015 Halloween Costume Contest Are…
This Halloween weekend was pretty EPIC. With two days to celebrate (Friday AND Saturday), hopefully you had the chance to rock two separate DIY costumes. One of the best parts of the weekend was seeing your creative costumes in real time with the #BritHalloween hashtag and you did NOT disappoint. So without further ado, we give you the B+C Halloween Costume Contest winners of 2015.
1. Really Festive Fruit: Congratulations, Cynthia and Bekah! We were pretty proud of our B+C fruit salad group costume, but you really took it to a whole new level. Just… WOW. As the winner of our costume, you’ll be receiving $250 to the B+C Shop… just in time for holiday shopping! (@cynnabear)
Halloween Costume Contest RUNNERS UP
1. Sadness from Inside Out: Awww… Sadness! If you’ve seen Inside Out, it’s no surprise why Sadness might be this kid’s favorite character. Move over, Frozen — this movie is about to take over the Disney costume scene (pls see our group costume DIY). Ari’s mom did what moms do best… she made Halloween dreams come true. Bonus: The DIY tutorial is over on her blog! (@loveandlion)
2. Luna Moth + Bug Catcher + Moon: New parents Bethany + Zade celebrated their little one’s first Halloween with this adorable family costume. So sweet + original! (@bethanyjoyshaw)
3. Circus Animal Crackers: This DIY onesie costume is EVERYTHING. Cozy and colorful… what more could you want? Plus, it’s a throwback to fave childhood cookies. (@abbykadlec)
Halloween Costume Contest HONORABLE MENTIONS
1. Garden Gnomes: This is just too cute for words. (@bee_and_apple)
2. Breakfast at Tiffany’s: “Oh Cat, you poor little no-name slob.” (@sarahkmecke)
3. Alice in Wonderland‘s Mad Hatter: Make up, eyelashes and hair all on point. Looking positively mad in the best way. (@mmhauge)
4. Forest Gump + Box of Chocolates: Just like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get at Halloween. (@mevans95)
5. Duo of Owls: Whooooo’s theres? (@magicgolddogs)
6. Sharknado 3: Calling all sci-fi fans! We’ve got your Halloween 2016 costume right here. (@justinekristacrafts)
7. Sushi Family Costume: Skip the takeout, y’all! (@britmeronek)
8. Bob Ross: Yesssss. This might be our fave Bob Ross costume of all time. (@saraheward)
9. Lion King Family: Hakuna Matata. This family has no worries. (@mstrkeeem)
10. Martini Pup: Never has the “cone of shame” looked this dignified. (@thelovelymimi)
11. Rugrats’ Angelica and Susie: These gals totally nailed the Rugrats look. Love the Cynthia doll as an extra touch! (@theresanortor)
12. Family of Thieves: Stop those robbers! They’re totally stealing your Halloween game. (@petitrobot)
14. Donald Trump Dog: Make Halloween great again, America. (@mickeyv625)
15. Pineapple Pair: Bonus points for wearing a costume to Disney World! (@bubbles_of_summer)
17. Taylor Swift: Dressing up as old-school Taylor Swift is VERY cool. (@emmariego)
18. Bread Cat: What’s a bread cat? We’re not too sure… but we love it! (@craftmonster)
19. Pirates Jumping Ship: Okay, maybe that’s not a ship… but these pirates arr’ ready for adventure. (@nicolealexandracox)
20. Marketing Brain Storm: One word: Brilliant. Way to go, folks. You’re totally killing it. (@joshowen)
Guys, the sweetest part of Halloween this year was seeing your amazing + creative costumes. Big shout out to our winners and everyone who entered. Until next year!
What was the best Halloween costume you saw this year? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)