Our Instagram feeds are packed with images of decadent cakes, ultra-impressive royal icing cookies and recipes that make our pants feel tighter just by looking at them. But you know the old saying “everything in moderation?” It relates to the #foodporn in your feed too. Balance your daily does of eye candy by following chefs that make healthy food look just as delicious as the indulgent stuff (it might even help you stick to your healthy eating resolutions!). From award-winning authors to mommy bloggers turned pro meal planners, here are nine healthy chefs you need to start following right now.
1. @brookejgriffin: Blogger behind the health-based site Skinny Mom and author of the upcoming Skinny Suppers cookbook, Brooke Griffin is a total Supermom who makes staying fit and eating healthy look *so* easy. Follow along for exercise tips, yummy recipes and all-around drool-worthy pics.
2. @ohdeardrea: Vegans (or anyone simply trying to add Meatless Monday to their routine), this one’s for you! Filled with images of effortlessly thrown together brunches and lush floral images from her hometown of West Palm Beach, Florida, Drea’s feed is a feast for the eyes. There’s even tips on getting your kiddo to eat things like green smoothies and exotic fruit.
3. @secretsquirrelfood: Dubai food blogger Karen McLean knows how to have fun with food. Her feed is colorful and playful (think: pancakes decorated to look like owls — so cute! — and chocolate-dipped everything). Go here when you need convincing a chia seed parfait is *really* what you need right now, or just to admire the impressively sliced avocado toast.
4. @ohsheglows: Angela Liddon is the author behind the award-winning blog Oh She Glows and the New York Times bestselling cookbook of the same name. She makes eating a plant-based diet seem like an easy and exciting task by using simple ingredients to create meals you can’t wait to dig in to, like these slathered-in-goodness vegan enchiladas.
5. @skinnytaste: There’s a reason why this girl is a New York Times best selling cookbook author. Gina Homolka’s feed serves up healthy, family-friendly recipes perfect for weeknight dinners and weekend potlucks. Each recipe also includes Weight Watchers points to help you stay on track.
6. @thugkitchen: With the tagline “Eat like you give a F#$%” it’s hard not to love this feed filled with no-nonsense advice for eating healthy (aka, equal parts delish food snaps and snarky Tweets). With two cookbooks and a website filled with veggie-filled recipes, the Instagram feed is just one way to challenge yourself to do the whole from-scratch thang.
7. @meghantelpner: Certified nutritionist, founder of the Academy of Culinary Nutrition and two-time bestselling author, Meghan does it all (she even has a degree in fashion and has backpacked across Africa!). Her lust-worthy feed is filled with travel snaps, all-natural beauty products, cold remedies and everything in between. Oh yeah, and delicious, gluten-free food.
8. @melissa_hartwig: Melissa is the co-creator of the popular Whole30 movement + New York Times bestselling cookbook of the same name. Her snaps will encourage you to stick with it even when all you want is everything on the “no” list. In other words, this feed is definitely New Year’s Resolution-approved.
9. @thehealthyapple: Featured on Glamour, Huffington Post, Martha Stewart, WebMD, PBS and a handful of other renowned sources, Amie Valpone is the real deal. We’re talking ethereal shots of gluten/dairy/soy and sugar-free meals and snacks. She’s also a celebrity chef, wellness expert and author of the upcoming cookbook Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body, which includes recipies to help detox your body in the most delicious way possible. These pics prove it’s probably true.
What’s your favorite healthy Instagram feed to follow? Send us a tweet and let us know so we can follow along too! —@britandco