We’re all aware that eating meatless is WAY more than just eating pasta or tofu. Fall produce — like butternut squash or sweet potatoes — helps bulk up any meal and will leave you feeling full, especially when you’re going meatless. Whether you’re a full-time vegetarian or vegan, want to save a little money on your grocery bill or just like to eat plant-based once a week, #MeatlessMonday is a great way to start any weekly meal plan. Check out these fall-inspired recipes that are so tasty you won’t even miss meat this Monday.
2. Harvest Stuffed Squash with Cilantro Tahini Sauce: Stuffed squash doesn’t just look fancy — it tastes fancy too. You’ll also get a solid serving of protein from the beans and quinoa. (via Food Fitness Fresh Air)
3. Apple and Gouda Grilled Cheese: Apples are often found in pies, breads and desserts this time of year, but savory apple recipes are just as good. The crispness of the apple makes this fall comfort food even better. (via Domestic Superhero)
4. Fall Harvest Kale + Farro Salad With Roasted Acorn Squash, Apples, Candied Pecans, Pomegranate Seeds + Sweet Apple Cider Vinaigrette: There’s really no time or place that you can’t work this salad into your meal plan. Serve it to your gal pals over Sunday brunch, make it for your main squeeze alongside sizzling steak or eat it all for yourself. (via Cooking With Cakes)
5. Basil + Roasted Butternut Squash With Spaghetti: If you’re looking for a healthy, date-night-appropriate Meatless Monday option, you’ve met your match with this filling yet healthy dinner. (via Light Orange Bean)
6. Pumpkin Goat Cheese Polenta With Brown Butter Thyme, Mushrooms and Kale: If this dish doesn’t fulfill all your savory fall fantasies, nothing will. No one will miss meat this Monday with such a hearty, decadent meal. (via Kale and Caramel)
8. Golden Butternut Squash + Chickpea Curry: Filled with chickpeas and butternut squash, this is a hearty, sweet and savory curry dish that’s perfect for fall and winter. Turmeric, curry, golden raisins and squash give it a naturally beautiful color. (via The Full Helping)
11. Chipotle Pumpkin Black Bean Soup: This creamy pumpkin black bean soup has a coconut milk base, flavored with smokey chipotle pepper and a hint of cinnamon. You’ll want to go for seconds. (via Connoisseurus Veg)
12. Kabocha + Havarti Pockets: This appetizer can be made ahead, then frozen until you’re ready to heat it up and enjoy — just toss in the oven when your guests are about to arrive. It’s delicious either warm or room temp, which leaves you with that oven space you’ll desperately need during Thanksgiving. (via I Will Not Eat Oysters)
13. Portobello Stuffed Sweet Potato: Portobellos are an *awesome* substitute for meat. Make this for your S.O. who might not be converted to Meatless Monday yet — this recipe will change their mind. (via Back to Her Roots)
What’s your favorite way to celebrate Meatless Monday during the fall? Share your favorite recipes below in the comments.