10 Ways to Rock a High Pony for the Dog Days of Summer
Even though summer is coming to a close (ugh, say it ain’t so!), that doesn’t mean that those hot, sticky days are gone for good. While you may want the effortless charm of a down ‘do, this easy style can become a bit of a hot mess, amiright? To avoid that not-so-chic yet all-too-familiar situation, why not pull your strands up into a high pony for a sweat-free fix? This lazy girl-approved style will elevate your sartorial game as well as help flaunt your summer glow by pulling all your locks off of your face and into one simple, playful look. So whether you’re a girl on the go or just too tired to care, here are 10 new high pony hairstyles you’ll need for the dog days of summer.
1. Dreads: One thing we love about this hairstyle is that it’s so versatile. Whether you’re playing with paint or hanging by the pool, this hairdo will look good.
2. Beach Babe: Nothing is worse than trying to manage post-beach locks. Solve this problem by carefully combing through your strands and pulling them up into a ’90s-era sky-high style.
3. Scarf: Want to keep your strands sweat free this summer? Tie a scarf around them. Not only will the scarf keep your tresses dry, but it will add a put-together feel to a carefree boho dress.
4. Pouf: Take your natural hair to new heights by creating a pompadour pouf. This look is perfect for a casual date night or GNO at your favorite bar.
5. Preppy: Embrace your inner prepster by wearing your straight tresses in a tried-and-true high pony. Curl your ends and run your fingers through them for a tousled look that’s perfect for your next beach adventure.
6. Short Tail: Short-haired girls, this one’s for you. Take your girl-next-door tresses into your own hands (literally) by teasing the roots and adding a bit of textured pomade to the ends for the ideal messy-hair-don’t-care style.
7. Top Pony: This high-top pony will answer all your next-day-hair woes. After creating a tight pony, take an extra piece of hair and wrap it around the base. Style the ends or leave them as-is for an effortless take on a classic trend.
8. Bangs: You know what makes a high pony 10 times better? Bangs. Whether you’re rocking major summer fringe or a side-swept bang, face-framing pieces will take your ponytail to a whole new level.
9. Bow: Is your pony sooo last year? Amp it up with a cheerleader-approved bow. Pull your hair up in a tight pony and wrap your fave ribbon around it. Wear it with a fun pair of sunnies and you’re set for a beach vacation with the girls.
10. Half-Up: While a one-and-done high pony is chic and all, there’s something so refreshing about a half-up ponytail. Spritz a beach spray to add texture to your adorable ‘do.
Need some hairstyle inspo in your life? Check out our faves on Pinterest!