29 Ponytails That are Anything But Boring
Okay girls, let’s set the record straight: Ponytails are not reserved for bad hair days and sweaty workouts. Up your game with these 29 looks that are anything but boring. Ditch the average and giddy up with looks that totally outdo the basic pony plus elastic. What are you waiting for? Pony up.
2. Dip-Dyed Pony: Make a statement and get on the dip-dye trend with a knockout ponytail. Create a bold streak that won’t last forever with hair chalk or clip-in extensions in your fave color combos. (via InStyle)
4. Lace Pony: Play with texture and dress that tail up with a bit of lace to achieve this romantic look. Whether you’re getting married or feeling festive, pick your fave lace to accent those locks. (via Bridal Musings)
6. The Pony Fish: No, this is not a mythical creature. The Pony Fish is the real deal. Create this look by combining a fishtail braid with a ponytail. You’ll be turning heads whichever way this PonyFish swings. (via Free People)
7. Double Braided: Take your mane from drab to fresh, flirty and fun with the addition of double braids. This look appears to take more effort than it actually does, but you don’t have to tell anyone. (via Divine Caroline)
8. Tiered Pony: Take this tiered pony to the gym. It stylishly secures your hair off your face. Someone in need of an extra pony tail holder? No big deal, simply remove the bottom one, and you’ll still look fabulous. (via Fashercise)
12. Twisted Side Ponytail: Get your hair off your neck by tossing your ponytail off to the side. Add some flirty fashion with a twist, and you’ve got a look that goes from day to night with ease. (via A Beautiful Mess)
19. The Low Rider: Check out this super fresh look that will have you forgo topknots and regular ponies. Whether you’re doing squats or heading out for drinks, opt for this low-rider pony that shows off a bit of fishtail flair. (via Refinery29)
20. The Pho-ny Pony: Be a show pony with this faux pony… no extensions necessary. This magical feat is achieved by creating two ponytails and blending them together to create the Pho-ny Pony effect. Brilliant. (via Female)
Have you upped your ponytail game? If so, share with us your best in show in the comments below.