16 Ways to Style High-Top Sneakers for Summer
As you embrace the carefree days of summer with open arms, may we recommend investing in a pair of throwback high-top kicks? Equal parts effortless and street style-approved, it’s the shoe of the season that we can’t stop, won’t stop obsessing over. Beyond bringing maximum comfort, expect them to lend a little bit of edge to any #OOTD. If you’re not into embracing the ugly sneaker trend any time soon, then come through. Ahead, we’re spotlighting 16 foolproof ways to style your high-top sneakers like a boss.
1. Power Suit 2.0: Who knew Converse All-Stars could look this fresh teamed alongside a satin emerald green power suit and a white tee? You GO, Freddie Harrell.
2. Lace-Up Trousers: Style your retro high-tops with a statement sweatshirt and lace-up striped flares for an eclectic Parisian twist. This OG blogger knows best.
3. Utility Jumpsuit: YAS QUEEN. Rev up the drama with a red utility jumpsuit, teeny-tiny shades, and iconic black Chuck Taylors.
4. Wrap Dress Fabulous: Channeling sunshine, TYVM. Take it from UK blogger Olivia Purvis: A wrap dress will never steer you wrong, especially when accompanied by a handwoven straw tote and, you guessed it, high-tops FTW.
5. FROW-Ready: Maybe she’s born with it, or maybe it’s her footwear. Either way, Julie Sariñana practically stole Paris Fashion Week with her Jordans and Stella McCartney tee.
6. Jeans and a Tee: Do you have the fashion girl-approved Comme des Garçons PLAY x Converse sneakers of the season to kick your summer uniform into overdrive? This babe does.
7. Dial it Down: Killin’ it. This striped knitted maxi and Chucks combo is seriously everything.
8. A Little White Dress: Suns out, high-tops on full display. Swap out your woven huaraches for a pair of old-school Vans for sk8ter girl appeal.
9. Festi-Ready: Should you find yourself raving in the Colorado Dessert, an airy maxi dress and high-tops will have you living your best festival life. No flower crown required.
10. A Flowy Dress: Day or night, work or play — you know the drill. This style influencer has the casual-feminine aesthetic on lock, thanks to her strategic styling of a leather moto jacket with a satiny dress and pared-down high-tops.
11. Cool Girl Lewk: Keep your high-fashion sensibilities in check with a glen plaid blazer, black ’90s-esque Vans, and oversized designer sunnies.
12. Resort-Ready: BRB, swapping out our pom-pom sandals for a pair of Adidas Originals as we speak.
13. Crop That Top: OOO means out-of-office for this fashion market editor. Embrace summer Fridays at full speed by rocking a souped-up summer blouse with high-waisted mom jeans and worn-in Chucks.
14. Date Night-Approved: Nothing beats the thrill of pairing a slinky slip dress with Converse high-tops — you, rebel risk-taker, you — for a fuss-free date night look. We’re talking: 100 percent slayage.
15. Epic Print-Mixing: Whatever you do, style ’em with pizzazz. It looks like this blogger babe got the memo with her patterned blouse and skirt co-ord. Unassuming high-top sneakers in tow, of course, for dining alfresco.
16. Skirt the Line: Allow a pair of mid-cut tennies to lend a hint of tomboy charm to even your most ditsy floral skirt or vintage frock. Just add a denim jacket and a graphic T-shirt — as per Sophia Rosemary’s styling — for off-the-clock appeal.
Will you be rocking high-tops this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.