16 Off-the-Registry Gift Ideas for Your Favorite Hip Couple
Hello, wedding season. While going to the festive affairs is undoubtedly a blast (open bar, anyone?), it does take quite a bit of preparation on the guest’s end. Add finding a sweet and personal gift to that and the entire ordeal can be a stressful one. Not to worry, though. We’ve put together a list of presents that your trendy, offbeat friends are bound to love. No matter what their hobbies are, we have it all below — microbrews, succulent gardens, record players, and so much more!
1. Shutterfly Custom Cutting Board ($45): Looking for the coolest cheese board out there? Order up one of these custom boards for the charcuterie-obsessed, cheese-lovin’ newlyweds.
2. Pendleton National Park Blanket ($249): This blanket is terrific for your friends who love hanging outdoors and park-lazing on the weekends. It’s also a good go-to for all of those music festivals they’re sure to hit up this season.
3. Williams Sonoma Moscow Mule Cocktail Set ($110): Here’s a classy bar-cart staple for any couple. They’ll love pulling it out when guests (hopefully you) are over.
4. Chemex Coffee Maker ($46): This hip new coffee maker is all about going back to basics with your fave morning beverage. It’s also the ideal wedding gift for the couple who has recently realized they’ve been spending a little too much on their choice cup of hand-poured coffee.
5. Hella Cocktail Co. Craft Your Own Bitters Kit ($55): It isn’t a trendy cocktail unless there’s some element of handmade or infused something or other. Get ready for your master cocktail-making friends to wow you with homemade bitters at their next shindig.
6. Uncommon Goods Personalized Hearts Four-Across Game ($75): Let the new couple capture their first year of marriage in the best kind of way: with an old-school game! This set, complete with a personalized message, is just as entertaining to look at as it is to play.
7. Uncommon Goods Personalized Whiskey Barrel ($85+): For the whiskey-enthusiast couple, what could be a more thoughtful wedding gift than a personalized barrel to hold their favorite drink? Plus, it’ll look awesome on their stylin’ bar cart.
8. PUBLIC V7 Bike ($550): If you’re looking to spoil your buds, say hello to the PUBLIC bike. From Portland to Brooklyn, the city bike is undoubtedly every urban dweller’s preferred mode of transportation.
9. Beer of the Month Club ($28+ per month): Do your hipster friends have a healthy appreciation for microbrews? Of course they do. Give them a subscription kit so they can always have the best and newest beers on hand.
10. Mistobox Monthly Coffee Subscription Box ($20+ per month): Perhaps the couple in question already has a subscription membership for microbrew beer? No worries; you can send delicious, small-batch coffee with a monthly coffee subscription from Mistobox.
11. Dalmarko Designs Wall Hanging Succulent ($500): After the wedding is over, your bestie couple will be looking for unique ways to cozy up their new home. Help them bring the outdoors in with this succulent wall planter kit.
12. Brooksource Personalized Whiskey Growler Set ($30): If your friends are all about that (craft) beer, then this customized growler set will have their beverage preferences covered.
13. Green Chef Meal Subscription Box ($11+ per meal): Green Chef isn’t your ordinary meal subscription. This one delivers fresh, USDA-certified organic meals direct to their door so they’ll feel good about what they’re prepping.
14. GRAINandGRIT Hexagon Shelf ($59): Mid-century mod living rooms are all the rage, and if the couple in question is building their new home together, they’ll need some stylish decor like this rustic honeycomb shelf.
15. Minted Heart Snapshot Photo Art ($212+): Love. Seriously, though, how precious is this piece of art? It’ll look flashy with that herringbone frame hanging on a bedroom wall.
16. Fujifilm Instax 300 Instant Camera ($120): This camera mixes the old and new with its instant digital prints. Talk about a sweet way to snap moments of married life.
Which of these hip wedding gifts are you getting for your soon-to-be-married friends? Let us know @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Additional reporting by Sarah Koller)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)